☆Chapter 30☆

(A/n: Sorry for lack of updates, I've been busy submitting university applications. Finished most of them this week though so yay! Also, if I planned this out right in my head, this fanfic will probably end by chapter 35, so get ready :( )

"I wanna confront my dad."

"What? Really?" You asked, quite shocked. He nodded as his gaze lowered.

"Then let's go!"

"Now?" Taehyung looked nervous as he asked.

"The sooner, the better. So that you don't change your mind. It's still 6pm." You said then looked at his face for any sign of hesitation. It did show for a second but he covered it up with determination.

"If I don't do it now, I don't know if I ever will. Let's do it." He smiled.

You entered the car as Taehyung told Jungkook to take Yeontan for a walk. Taehyung entered the car a few minutes later and started driving- his eyes never left the road.

"You know where he lives?" You asked.

"He's always been too broke to move somewhere else." He replied, "My sister tried to get me to come visit a few times but I never gave in. I used to walk up until the front door but never had the guts to knock. Seokjin didn't help either with his emotional manipulation."

"I see." You said with a frown. "Well you'll change that this time."

"I hope so." He revealed a faint smile, but you could feel how apprehensive he was.

He drove into a small friendly looking neighborhood and after taking a few turns, he stopped at a two floor house. His eyes widened a bit as he looked at you and you understood why. The house looked so well taken care off, it couldn't have been owned by an abusive, careless, alcoholic.

He approached the door slowly and you weren't sure whether to follow him or not. Once he realized that you weren't walking after him, he came back to the car and held your hand.

"If things get ugly, we'll leave right away. I promise."

"No, it's alright." You said, "I just thought it would be an invasion of privacy."

"Not if it's you." He smiled and held your hand tighter as you walked with him towards the door. You rang the bell since Taehyung was too nervous to do it himself. Footsteps approached the door and it swung open.

"Tae!" A girl, most probably his sister, threw her arms around him. "I'm so happy you finally came."

"You still live here?" He asked, shocked.

"Well, I moved back 2 years ago. C'mon, dad has to see you." She held his hand then looked at me.

"My girlfriend, Y/n." Taehyung said before she got the chance to ask.

"I see, nice to meet you. My name is Lia." She smiled once again causing Taehyung to ease up a little.

She led you both to the rooftop, you caught a glimpse of an old man sitting by the railing. He was reading a book and hasn't acknowledged the presence of people behind him. Lia's gaze lowered down to the ground.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked.

"He's  losing most of his hearing." She said. "That's why he doesn't realize we're standing right behind him."

"How...how has he been?" Taehyung asked, you heard his voice falter a bit.

"Other than hearing, quite well actually," Lia lightened a little, "He's been sober for almost three years now. He's also been to therapy and started paying for mine. He's been trying to make the past up for me ever since I decided to move back."

"And you forgave him?" He asked.

"It took me a while, but I did. Life is too short to hold grudges."

"But-"

"Taehyung, it's your choice whether to forgive him or not. I made my decision, you make yours." Lia interrupted when she sensed an argument coming up.

"She's right." You said to Taehyung, earning a frown. You felt bad but he can't change someone's mind once it's already been made up.

"I'll give it a chance then." Taehyung managed to let out before walking up to his father. You kept your distance to give him space but you were close enough to hear whatever they were saying.

"Taehyung?" His dad said as he looked away from his book and at his son's face. He struggled to stand up but once he did, he pulled him into a big hug.

"I'm so sorry, Tae. I drove you away when you were the only family I had left. I should've taken care of you but I failed my basic role as a parent." He sobbed while still holding Taehyung in his embrace. Taehyung looked like he wanted to pull away and act tough but his body failed him, because soon tears ran down his cheek.

 Taehyung looked like he wanted to pull away and act tough but his body failed him, because soon tears ran down his cheek

"I hate to admit it, but I still missed you everyday." Taehyung said, loud enough for his dad to hear.

His dad ran his hands through Taehyung's hair, even though he struggled a little because of his height. "I'm really sorry. How have you been? Are you living okay? Do you feel lonely? Let's catch up. Will you stay for dinner?" He asked.

Taehyung looked at you so you raised an okay sign up for him to agree. And so he nodded while wiping away the tears forming in his eyes. "I will."

To be continued...

(A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you did! Also, if you need a new fanfic to read, I started a new one! It's called The Third Eye and you can find it on my account!)