Eastward Bound

A Few Days Later

"Whatcha doin' there?" (Y/n) asked Annebeth as the little girl made a lump of snow that was about as tall as she was. "Making a snowman." She said, patting the snow. "Oh! How come Jack isn’t helping you?" (Y/n) asked, curious why the young boy wasn't playing with Annebeth. "He wanted to see his pa." She replied. "Aw I'm sorry. Maybe I can help you?" (Y/n) asked. "Okay!" Annebeth said, excited, and the two began to build the snowman.

Afterwhile, they had the body made and (y/n) finished with the head. She started to find some rocks and sticks for the eyes and arms for the snowman. Little did she know was that Annebeth was sneaking up behind her, a snowball clutched in her little hands. After (y/n) picks up two sticks, she stands up when Annebeth throws the snowball and it hits (y/n).

(Y/n) jumped from shock at this then she turns to see Annebeth giggling and smiling. "Alright, missy! Come here!" (Y/n) said and she chases after the little girl, who squeals with laughter as she runs away from her mother. She chases the little girl around a bit until she grabs her and picks her up, then spins around as the little girl squeals and giggles.

(Y/n) goes and kisses Annebeth's cheeks when they heard some voices far off. (Y/n) looks over and sees Bill leaving with his horse then Dutch, Hosea and Arthur talking as Javier, Charles, Micah and Lenny mount up their horses. (Y/n) noted that Hosea looked a bit upset as he talked to Dutch before he shouted at the men to mount up and head out.

Hosea looked put-out with it as he walked away and Dutch and the others left. "What's going on?" (Y/n) asked Hosea as she sets Annebeth down on her feet and walks up to him. "Oh, they're going after that train. Which is owned by Leviticus Cornwall." Hosea said. "Cornwall? Isn't he one of the richest and most powerful men in this country?" (Y/n) asked him. She remembered reading about Cornwall in the papers some time ago.

"Yes and I've warned Dutch that he is a man not to be messed with but...well..." Hosea said as he shrugs his shoulders. "But I thought the plan was to lie low for a bit then head out west?" (Y/n) asked, confused. "I thought it was too. But Dutch wants to get this money before Colm O'Driscoll gets it." He replied and (y/n) sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose and closes her eyes for a moment before she turns to him.

"So...what are we supposed to do now?" She asked him. "I guess we'll have to wait for them to come back and see what the plan is. But, I'm sure we'll be leaving here soon. The weather has lifted, so it should be easier for us to get off of this mountain." Hosea said.

About an hour or two had passed and Dutch, Bill, Lenny, Javier and Micah returned and Dutch told everyone they robbed the train and got some money. It was also time for them to pack and get ready to head out. Arthur, after having to deal with the train and some of passengers, returned to see everyone already packed up and get ready to leave.

"So we getting out of this hellhole?" Arthur asked Dutch and Hosea as he dismounts his horse and walks up to them. "We're gonna try. Weather seems stable." Dutch said. "And we just robbed a Leviticus Cornwall train." Hosea snarks at him. "We got money in our pockets, the worst is behind us, gentlemen. So the question is where now?" Dutch said as everyone loaded up the last bit of luggage in the wagons.

"I know this country alittle. I told you, we should set up camp in Horseshoe Overlook near Valentine. We'll be able to hide out there no problem as long as we keep our noses clean." Hosea tells them. "Well then, let's go! Clean noses and everything else!" Dutch said as John was loaded up in the wagon.

"Arthur, you're in that one." Dutch orders as he points at one of the wagons. "Bring Hosea, I know you two like to talk about the good ol' days and what's gone wrong with ol' Dutch." He grumbles as Hosea and Arthur roll their eyes and get up on their wagons.