Chapter LXII

A lot had changed since Korra woke up and she had been bombarded with praise and respect ever since. It was the most unexpected thing Korra had ever experienced but that didn't mean she despised it. It was nice, seeing people smile at her instead of giving her the cold shoulder and running to guards in a split second.

She was a Lady here. Lady Smith people called her now a days. Despite the many times the assassin insisted to be called 'Korra' they didn't really listen. Not that she minded anyway. Asami said she'd get used to it and she was starting to.

They were still keeping their somewhat relationship hidden, though half of the Manor sort of figured it out anyway. Korra wouldn't be in her own room one night only to come out of Asami's in the morning. Also the fact the two run around the castle holding hands doesn't really decieve them that they're just friends. Jinora and Opal find it amusing, teasing them whenever they can at the table during dinner. Even Kuvira joined in when she felt like it.

Hiroshi didn't take notice of it he knew they were close but not as close as they actually were. Yasuko however, oh she knew. She knew from the first time her daughter mentioned the woman. There had always been subtle hints, Korra leaving her boots in her daughters room that day gave it all away.

Here they were now, three of them around a table with a few cards in their hands. They sat knee deep in silence. Korra taps her foot against the ground repeatedly, glancing over the two women at each end of the table. Kuvira placed a hand onto her chin, humming in thought. This was a tough one.

Korra grew impatient very quickly, she gave the Corporal a glare and spoke up.
"Kuvira, it shouldn't take this long."

Kuvira jumped at the sudden sound.
"I'm thinking." She took a few more moments until she leaned over the table and picked up another card. She placed it into her deck before throwing down an eight of spades.

With a delicate hand, Asami took the card Kuvira just put down and slipped into her own deck. Before placing another one down, she waits; smirking up to her assassin in the process. Korra was so impatient at these games and she had only learnt how to play an hour ago.

Korra huffed and slumped back into her chair. She was no where near to winning this game and the other too took way too long to complete their turn. Asami peered over her cards, stifling a giggle as she saw Korra's irritated face. She looked like a child in the middle of a tantrum. Amusingly, she dragged her foot up the side of Korra's under the table, making the poor woman blush madly.
"Asami, you're taking your time on purpose aren't you?" Korra stuttered.

The dark haired woman laughed.
"Korra, you're so very impatient." She said in a slow tone. Asami finally plucked a card out and placed it face down onto the table, signalling that she had won.
"Good things come to those who wait."

Kuvira huffed and threw her cards down onto the table, she was one away from winning.
"How do you keep winning these? It's impossible to beat you."

"I play this with my parents a lot." Asami replied, beginning to stack up all of the cards. Her foot still made its way up her assassin's leg, creating a blushing mess of a woman next to her.
"Again?"

Korra shook her head, Kuvira did the same.
"I think Captain Beifong needs me, my break is almost over." Kuvira announced, getting to her feet. She brushed her hands down her uniform and continued to walk out the room.
"I'll see you two later."

As soon as the door closed, Korra firmly gripped the ankle of Miss Sato.
"You enjoy making me stammer too much."

Asami giggled and shook her assassin's grip off her foot.
"Would it be a crime if I said that it's true?"