16

The god of contracts still believed that the Nymph's heart belonged to him. And he will never stop until he gets to speak with Azalea. His Azalea. The fairy with the memory of their love for a thousand years.

That's why, upon his absence from the City of Liyue, he had taken the opportunity to get a talk with an old friend, Barbatos. He had traveled to Monstadt, though it was a haste journey, he still managed to find him.

"I see you've brought apples. To what do I owe the presence of the Geo Archon?" the Anemo Archon said in his usual cheerful tone.

"I wish to borrow the Dihua flute." the god of contracts muttered in a direct manner, saving no time for irrelevant discussion for he knew the bard likes to digress.

"Had I known you wanted to learn the art of music, I would have given you a lesson or two a long time ago."

Zhongli narrowed his eyes. "So you know."

Venti looked upwards as he closed his eyes, feeling the soft wind's breeze. It was gentle, yet sound. For even the wind creates judgements. "Azalea." he whispered. The god of contracts widened his eyes.

"Before acquiring this form, I was one of the wisps she took care of. She was the most pure hearted fairy of the land, making her a suitable guardian to all Teyvat."

"I need the flute to restore her memories."

Venti only smiled at him, looking away as he took a bite of the apple he's brought. "If you'd ask me alone, I wouldn't lend this to you. But the wind seem to be in your favor, as it tells me to let you have it. It belongs to Liyue anyway."

The Anemo archen held his hand out, as it glowed, the Dihua flute was formed from the elemental particles that escaped his finger tips.

"Although be wary.." He muttered, meeting the Geo Lord in the eye. "Along with its approval is a warning, do not overstep your boundaries, old friend"

"The end shall justify the means I am about to pursue."

"Oh?" The Anema Archon raised his eyebrow. "Then the only thing I can advice to you, my friend, is to examine your heart. Is it still love that drives you? Or a great longing of validation?"

"You will never understand how my heart is alive only for her. I was able to live this long because I clung to my faith that she will one day return. Without her life, to whom shall I live for?"

Upon gazing deep into the Geo Archon's eyes, venti managed to peek through his very soul. Though Venti could very well understand a mortal's heart, the god possessed a more complex one. For it was clear as day in his eyes that he truly loved her, but his eyes also spoke that he was willing to resort to anything.

He was indeed still in love with the nymph, but it was the kind of love that the Anemo Archon feared.

-

Hey guys! Author here!

I've made comics about Diluc and Anthea in my Instagram, if you want to see it, it's there!

I'm a glass painter, and I've also made a painting of Xiao.

If you have time to check it, please follow me @galaxiasky