Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up, warm and comfortable, wrapped up in a large pair of arms. Everyhting was quiet, except for the muffled sound of the plane engine. The thin sheet over me barely hid what was underneath and barely kept my lower half warm. My cold feet were practically numb. So, I brought up my knees, putting the soles of my feet on his bare thighs.

"What the-?!" He yelled, shocked by the rude awaking. He jerked backwards, almost falling and hitting the wall. He panted, trying to calm down after the adrenaline rush. I couldn't stop laughing, covering my mouth with the sheet. He finally calmed down, realized where he was, and knew who to blame.

"Skye..." he lingered on the sound, smiling at me through the sheet.

"Morning Ward." Next thing I knew, I was being tickled and fighting for the sheet. I pulled, he tickled, I kicked, he pulled. The cycle went on until we were out of breath. We laid on our backs, just fitting on the small, cot-like bed.

"Good thing these rooms are soundproof." Ward sighed. I had completely forgotten that other people were around us now. We were in danger of being caught. Luckily, this instance was blocked out by the thick metal doors.

I laughed nervously. "Yeah, right..." I had finally caught myself, sitting up to check the time: 05:34. I read the military time on his digital wall clock. On mine, I hacked it to say just regular time, am and pm. Every other one read in confusing military time.

"I should head back to my room. I want to be there in case anyone checks." I started to get up, only to be trapped in the sheet. My foot was stuck, and pulling on it wasn't working. Ward lifted it up, untwisting it at the exact time I pulled back. And then collapsed on the floor. Loudly.

"Ward, you okay?" May called from outside the room. I gasped, looking at Ward.

"Don't worry, just tripped in the sheets." He said confidently. He ready had a game plan, ready for whatever was going to happen. He always knew just what to do and the right time to do it. He was prepared for anything.

And he had great morning hair.

Hey Readers,
One of my bestest friends is writing a story and she could use some more readers, like all y'all. Her Wattpad is Louis_in_the_House. Her little icon is Castiel from Supernatural. She is writing one of my favorite stories on here actually, called Fairy Tails and you won't believe it, but fairies are real. Check it out if you're interested, and if not, I'm sure I can recommend something later you'll like. Thanks for the support guys.

- SkyeWardShipper