Chapter 4

∾ Tricks and Secrets ∾

- Chapter 4-

Warnings for this chapter: A Curse

⊱⊰ Bendy's Pov⊱⊰

     I was jolted out of the peaceful world of sleep when the lights flicked on above me. Blinking, I sat up to survey the sudden change. Everything looked normal (?) aside from the new light level. It took me a moment to remember where I was, and what was supposed to happen today. With a sigh, I stretched, before slipping off the bed. I took the time to wonder how long I had slept, and what time it was. Not that I really had any way of knowing. Even in the studio time was practically meaningless, unless I had wanted to lie in the sun. I would miss that. As I had expected, the door slid open with a trio of humans. One of them was the human I had talked to in the room. Dr. Saltzer. The guards had the poles, and quickly attached them to my collar to have better control over me. I let out a low growl, annoyed that they would dare try such a thing. They glanced at me once, but ignored me. 

I was led down the hall again, this time passing the room I talked to the doctor in. I was doing my best to keep my limp out of sight, but our quick pace was making it difficult. I'm pretty sure the scientist noticed anyway. After about five more minutes of walking, we finally reached our destination. The door slid open to reveal a jungle gym like structure. I did a double take, surprised that a place so serious had such a lighthearted thing inside it. 

The guards unclipped the 'leash' before shoving me forward. I frowned at them, before shaking it off. I took the incentive to meander over to the playset, placing one of my hands on a metal support pole. I could feel my growing excitement at the thought of this thing, what I could do with it, and how to surprise and or freak the humans out. I grinned, my tail flicking playfully as I tightened my grip on the pole. I used the pole to climb up the playset, perching myself at the highest point I could get too. My tail decided to be helpful, curling around one of the poles nearby. It wouldn't support my weight fully, but it could be used as extra balance.

I stayed up there for at least three minutes before the scientist called up to me. "6030? What are you doing?" I just chortled, before loosening my grip to hang upside down. "̴N̶o̷t̸h̴i̴n̷g̵~̶"̸  The man sighed, before asking me to do something else. I tilted my head, before letting go to drop onto the main pathway. I crouched on the walkway, before stalking over to one of the slides. They wouldn't be able to see what I was doing, and that was sure to get under their skin. I inspected it for a second, noting how it was one of those fully enclosed ones, before easing through the entrance. It was slippery, but by digging my claws into the plastic I could stay on. I walked down the slide instead of actually sliding. I wanted to make sure it wasn't tampered with, since I still didn't really know what the humans wanted with me in the long run.

I could hear my babysitters starting to get worried, muttering under their breaths. I stopped right out of view of the exit part, before peeking around the edge. The men didn't spot me, and they continued to look around the playset nervously. I watched as one of the guards shook his head, before cautiously walking towards the playset. He had a large stick- thingy in his hand as he moved to climb the stairs. With a sudden grin, I carefully climbed back up the slide, before hiding just behind where the slide curved downwards. The tunnel was dark, so unless he had night vision, I would blend right in. I waited patiently as he walked over to the slide, before I composed my act. I forced an angry expression onto my face, and right as he was bending over to peer down the chute, jumped into his face.