19 | diner

Anastasia Kingsley POV

I drove past the people on the high way very fast, to reach the diner as Elijah held onto my torso as I chuckled, even though he couldn't hear me through the wind.

We reached 'Alba's Diner' in a few minutes and went inside to get a booth for us.

We chatted about the motorcycle until the five other idiots came in.

"Alba!" Noah yelled and hugged a short Spanish lady in her 60's.

She hugged him back and then hit him in the head while we snickered. "You didn't visit in so long! I thought you died." She whispered the last part.

"We are very sorry but we have someone you have to meet." He said excitedly.

She walked over with Noah and smiled and greeted everyone. She laid eyes on me, "¡Dios mío, ella es hermosa!" I smiled as I hugged her 5'0 height.
[Oh my god! She's so beautiful! ]

"¿Estás bromeando? ¡Mira quién está hablando! ¡Te ves increíble!" I replied with a smile.
[Are you kidding, look who's talking! You look amazing!]

"Gracias querida!" She smiles as I sit down next to Elijah.
[thank you dear!"]

"Okay what do you guys wanna eat? The regulars?" She asks, taking out her notepad and a few menu's. I take one and look at the dishes.

"Yes! Thank you Alba!" Noah chirped, as the others nodded in agreement.

"What about Anastasia?" She smiles at me.

I smile, "The hamburger with curly fries, a vanilla milkshake and some Mac n cheese."

They all look at me. "What? I like food."

Alba laughs and takes my order and goes to get our food.

"How'd you guys find this place?" I ask curiously.

"Dad found it a while after mom passed and Alba helped him grieve and he took us here often."Elijah explained sadly, a spark in his eyes when he talked about our mom.

"Can you tell me about her?" I quietly ask. "You don't have to." I added, not wanting to pressure him.

"She- um, she was really kind, especially to her loved ones. I don't remember much but uh she liked- no loved spending time with us. She also loved gardening. She loved roses and all different flowers. She was a therapist, dad's therapist when um his older brother died. They fell in love, had 7 kids and then one got kidnapped, then she died, 3 years later." His voice cracked a lot but he smiled and tears welled up in his eyes, but none fell. You wouldn't notice until someone told you, but I was right next to him.