Episode 4.

Location; Shatterdome, Kwoon Combat Room.

We can see both Noah and Rey fighting it out in the middle of the Kwoon Combat Room.

As the rest of the Cadet were watching in amaze how Noah and Rey were fighting one another

Amara: Wow.

Meilin: It's amazing.

Hatayama: We didn't know Mr Rey and Mr Noah could fight like that.

Ichigo: Now I want you to pay attention at their fight. Watch carefully of their every movement.

Rey was going for a hammer punch, yet Noah reacted in time, redirected Rey hammer fist, and was about to use Rey own momentum to throw Rey to the ground. Yet Rey grab Noah wrist, and was going for straight punch, Noah reacted in time and block Rey straight punch with his other hand.

Ichigo: Now. Can anyone tell what just happen?

Viktoriya raised her hand.

Ichigo: Yes Cadet Viktoriya?

Viktoriya: They predicted each other movement?

Ichigo: Yes. They predicted each other movement. pre initiative. You check your opponent before they move. No one can be a threat to you all, if you stop them from using it.

Dilo: If you all master pre initiative, you're guaranteed to win against any opponent. Only theoretically, of course.

Suresh: That's awesome. So can you teach it to us?

Zero Two: No, you can't learn it yet.

Cadet: What?

Zero Two: Watch.

Rey was going for a left hook to Noah, yet the Noah caught his fist with his right hand. Then Noah was going for a left hook, but the Rey caught his fist with his right hand. As both Rey and Noah weren't letting go of the other, they begin to headbutt one another none stop.

 As both Rey and Noah weren't letting go of the other, they begin to headbutt one another none stop

Zero Two: True pre initiative can't be mastered overnight. And if you only know how to go through the motions, it will only work on opponents weaker than you, or ones who are incredibly inattentive.