Roommates

Taehyung woke up to a series of knocks on his door, once again greeting a pissed of Seokjin on the other side, a covered plate in his hands.

He grinned nervously, already knowing he was going to receive an earful for skipping lunch time again.

But this time, it certainly wasn't his fault.

The brunette followed the fuming man inside his own room, stopping at the edge of the bed and fumbled with his fingers when he noticed the subtle glare thrown at him.

"I'm sorr-"

"Have you packed up yet?" The older cut him off, deciding to change the topic instead.

Taehyung hummed glancing at his small trekking bag that held all his belongings that technically weren't even his.

It was around 7 am in the morning when he and Jungkook returned to their hideout, the brunette successfully surviving through the series of mini heart attacks he used to get when the boss so much as glanced at him.

What happened back in the city, the violent explosion caused by an undecipherable petrol leak, which ended blowing up an entire building, completely rattled Taehyung out of his senses. But what was worse was the realization that the cause of that so called undecipherable petrol leak was sitting right beside him, casually driving them home.

The brunette had always known Jeon was crazy. A complete lunatic. But this? This was far right from the left field. Taehyung finally recognised the building he painted on as Stevie's coupe. The same place he'd tagged along with Jeon and his gang a few days back. He mildly remembered about the argument going on between the boss and the white man, and how pissed the former was getting on being rejected on the deal.

And this was how he paid them back.

If he didn't know before, now Taehyung definitely knew not to mess with the mob boss at any cost. Not if he wanted to lose his life blowing up like a ragdoll atleast.

But that's where the problem came in. Taehyung knew he was an idiot and a huge fuck up. He had a habit of fucking things up because of how nervous he got under pressure. Not to mention the number of times the ravenette got angry at him for doing or not doing something he was asked to. It scared Taehyung to the moon and back.

So the only option he could currently see was avoiding the devil of a man as far as he could. He knew it was going to be difficult considering the other's incomprehensible interest in him but it also shouldn't be that difficult, Taehyung concluded.

Jungkook was a busy man and he hardly saw him once a day and only for short periods of time. If Taehyung could manage avoiding him for those time frames, maybe Jungkook would eventually lose interest in him? As much as he heard about the mob boss from Seokjin, Jungkook sure did lose interest faster than a child with ADHD.
Sure some part of him would be a little disappointed from the lack of attention but he'd deal with it as long as he didn't end up dead in a ditch.

Afterall Taehyung did hope to return to his homeland someday. He couldn't die in a foreign place with no one to mourn him. That'd be just sad.

As soon as they returned, Jungkook summoned a gang meeting and informed everyone about their instantaneous reallocation to Los Angeles. Namjoon looked mad. Really mad. But didn't say much as he ordered the main boys to get ready to leave by afternoon. Taehyung, feeling more exhausted than he was, physically and mentally decided to take a power nap but ended up dozing off for the entire morning.

Luckily he had managed to stuff his temporary belongings into the small bag left behind at his door in time and had dressed himself in comfy travel clothes before dozing off again.