31 | Peace of mind

Fushiguro feels his heart skip a beat once he sees you― smiling and looking perfectly fine.

After a few seconds of Kugisaki smothering you with hugs and scolding you about pushing yourself to your limits isn't always a good thing, she finally left the room to give both you and Fushiguro se privacy.

You couldn't contain your tears as you slowly approached his bed, sitting on the edge of the soft mattress while he watches you.

"Hey." fushiguro calls, "Don't cry, idiot." he scoffs lightly.

"I'm fine, see?"

Instead of answering the boy, you suddenly tackle him into a hug, catching him off-gaurd.

He says nothing as he slowly places a hand behind you, awkwardly patting your back. It wasn't his first time being embraced by someone else, but being in your arms felt a bit weird for him.

"Are you alright?" you whisper, "Is Itadori doing well too?"

Fushiguro hesitates as he wraps his arms around your shoulder, feeling you get comfortable even with the position you two are in— you with one knee on the bed, leaning down to hug him, and fushiguro sitting on the said bed.

"We're both fine."

"That's good to hear.."

you two pull away from eachother, heat rising to your cheeks.

"Ah, sorry for hugging you suddenly." you show a smile, "I was worried. That's all.."

"I don't mind." he says, "How about you? Are you okay?"

You nod, "yeah."

'Does she look fine..?' he ask himself, seeing as your arms were covered in bandages.

"May i?" He looks at you, gesturing to your wrapped appendages. You nod, raising your arm and presenting it to him.

One of his hands gently holds your limb. His dominant hand then traces along the neatly rolled bandages. Ieiri really does a great job with this.

The two of you stay in a comfortable silence— you with a smile as you watch him draw shapes on your arm, and Fushiguro on the other hand, is relieved and happy that you're awake.

However.. He has to remind himself that he dragged you here in the first place― whatever happens to you is his fault.

Wait.. Why is he feeling guilty all of a sudden?

Fushiguro feels an ache in his heart. God, these thoughts keep rushing back to his head. Isn't he over it already?

"Fushiguro."

He looks up,

"Hm?"

You inhale sharply,

"I'm really glad you're safe."