THIRTY NINE

* * *

Morning comes sooner than Camila and Lauren would want it to. They both prefer to stay longer in each other's embrace. But they knew that they just can't jeopardize the safety of the family who owns that humble home any longer than necessary.

Or put the realities of life on hold in exchange for this little piece of heaven they found themselves in.

Both the princess and the bandit woke up approximately about an hour before the first rays of the sun came up. Snuggled to each other, basking in the glow of their evening activities. Savoring that momentary bliss before life happens in the world around them.

They kissed some more, gentle and playful but no less passionate than the fierce ones they shared the night before. It's as wonderful as the first time, if not more. But they didn't go further than that. They just laughed in their kiss, little giggles while their lips danced against each other.

Soon, reluctantly and with a slightly heavy heart, they both find themselves decently clothed, their belongings ready to go. Kara made it a point to clean Camila's weapons and supply Lauren a batch of unmarked arrows for her bow. The two of them may not have discussed where to go from there yet but they knew for certain that no matter what happens from here on out, they will always have each other in their lives for as long as possible.

They cleaned the bunker room as best as they could, Camila smirking at how drenched the sheets were and Lauren rolls her eyes at her as she tossed all of it in a laundry basket set in the corner. Then they step out of the underground bunker and up to the early morning sunshine in the kitchen where they found wife and wife, Kara and Lena, busying themselves with their own shenanigans in their own little bubble.

Until they noticed them of course.

"Have fun last night?" Kara teases with a smirk right away.

Camila retorts, "Have you?"

"Ehh . . . I have my moments," Kara shrugs and winks at her wife.

Two green-eyed ladies blush.

"Okayyy! Let's set the breakfast table before the bear cub wakes up," Lena composes herself first.

Just then, her bear cub Barry, runs to the kitchen.

Yelling already.

And his yell wasn't the only one ringing, breaking the silence of that early morning. There were distinct others from the early rising villagers.

"Ugly men! Ugly men! Mama! Mama! Auntie Alex was calling out from her house and says we gotta hide! Ugly men on horses were spotted uphill going this way! Ugly men are coming, Mama!!"

Commotions were unmistakable from the outside. Neighbors can be heard scurrying, distinct animal hooves stomping the ground, as well as dogs barking out loud.

"Grab Barry and your essentials, now! Go to the bunker, lock up and do not leave unless the signal is out to tell you to!" Lauren demands right away, and Lena nods in affirmation.

"I can help —"

"Stay with your family," Camila cuts Kara off, "We can handle this,"

The family of three, reluctant to leave Lauren and Camila in their kitchen alone to deal with the ugly men, do as they have been asked to do. Lena quickly grabs Barry, carries him and heads straight to the bunker while Kara was right behind her with their packs of essentials and her own sword.

With one last look, Kara and her family disappear in the narrow space between walls. Lauren immediately makes sure that the entry to the bunker is secure, inconspicuous and only accessible from the inside. Camila on the other hand, quickly secured the door and windows in the front of the house before quickly returning to Lauren in the kitchen. Then, both of them made their way sneaking to the garden, shutting the backdoors behind them as they went.