✮ 𝟎𝟒𝟖 ✮

natasha's help

THOUGH Marlene had made it clear to explain what had happened to her during her time with the Guardians, she refused to simply portal out of the room they were in. For one, she did not know if the device on Thor's neck would be affected, and two, she was not leaving this planet without Bruce Banner.

When Hulk returned from training, Marlene and Thor sat back-to-back on the ground trying to figure out a plan that did not end up with Marlene being seen or Thor being electrocuted.

"Thor and Witch sad," the Hulk murmured as he watched the pair.

"Shut up," Thor sneered to him. Marlene shut her eyes as she felt another fight brewing. Earlier, Thor tried to keep Hulk occupied as she tried to enter his brain and find Bruce. It seemed Bruce was shut all the way in the backseat. There was no reaching him, and it just was worse because then they started arguing. Their arguments were so petty.

"Thor sad," he said again.

"I'm not sad, you idiot," Thor said as he stood, Marlene falling back in the process. She glared at him. "I'm pissed off!"

"Oh."

"Angry. I lost my father," Thor said as he let his emotions show. "I lost my hammer."

The Hulk scoffed as Marlene's eyes widened. "Your hammer!?"

Thor ignored her as he said to Hulk, "You're not even listening."

"Whining and crying," Hulk mocked as he kicked something, almost hitting Thor. Thor kicked it back angrily. "Cry like baby. Don't kick stuff."

"You're being a really bad friend!" Thor yelled.

"You bad friend!"

"You know what we call you?" Thor said as he neared the Hulk.

The green guy shook his head. "No."

"We call you the stupid Avenger."

"Thor," Marlene warned as she stood.

"You're tiny Avenger!" Hulk screamed back as he threw a shield at Thor. It almost decapitated him.

"Hulk!" Marlene said, feeling like she was scolding children.

Thor pointed at the shield. "What, are you crazy?"

"Yes."

"You know what? Earth does hate you," Thor started as the Hulk suddenly grew sad. He dropped the weapon he had picked up to use, and he slowly walked to the bed. Thor saw Marlene's hardened gaze, and he nodded once. He walked to sit next to him. "I'm sorry I said those things. You're not the stupid Avenger. Nobody calls you the stupid Avenger."

The Hulk nodded. "It's okay."

"You just can't go around throwing shields," Marlene tried softly. "You could have killed him."

Hulk looked even more ashamed. "I know. I'm sorry. I just get so angry all the time. Hulk always, always angry."

"I know," Marlene whispered, grabbing the Hulk's hand. She rested her palm on his, trying to force Bruce out. She sighed when it did not work.

"We're the same, you and I," Thor said. "We're just a couple of hot-headed fools."

"Yeah, same. Hulk like fire, Thor like water," Hulk said as Marlene let his hand go.

Thor shrugged. "We're kind of both like fire."

"But Hulk like real fire. Hulk like raging fire. Thor like smouldering fire."