Ch 224: New Sparring Partner Part 2

This is the first time Lin Ye has intuitively felt Lappland's "madness".

Before the start of the fight, everyone thought that the two would not be fighting for real, and to be more precise, they believed that Lappland would not be too serious.

After all, everyone knew Lin Ye's strength. There is still a big difference between a non-combat operator and a combat-oriented one.

After all, Lin Ye is not Shining. He didn't turn into a medical officer because he was too strong and scared of using his skill.

He only learned sword skills from Yato because he wanted to protect himself from danger. Therefore, the overall atmosphere is still very relaxed.

Cliffheart is holding snacks and sitting next to Pramanix. It was not only to give Lin Ye and Lappland some space for their spar but also to find a good angle to see it.

Both Matterhorn and Sussurro looks at them anxiously, Sussurro is mostly worried about Lin Ye's well-being. She heard how unpredictable Lappland was.

"Don't be serious." Before the fight, Lin Ye tells Lappland again.

If it were someone else, he wouldn't need to say so many times. But Lappland really made him feel uneasy.

He didn't know whether he was right in the mind or not when he agreed to spar with her.

"Don't worry." Lappland shakes her head,

Lin Ye nods and then draws out his sword. After taking a stance that he is comfortable with, he takes a deep breath and says, "Come on, then."

The moment his words fell, Lappland's sword came out of its sheath.

Her actions made a clear sound of drawing a knife. It echoed in Lin Ye's ears.

No one moved.

Then she rushed towards him like silver-white moonlight, with that crazed smile on her face.

He is surprised by this and immediately raises his sword to block her attack.

When steel met steel, Lin Ye felt a huge pressure on his head, as if he was drowning.

Especially when his gaze met her.

He felt the raging madness from those pure silver orbs staring back at him. This madness seemed to stimulate every cell in his body as if his head will be cut off by Lappland in the next second.

So Wave Leaping Strike is triggered in an instant, and it is not a normal level of it.

Lin Ye feels like he is back at the theatre in Lungmen again, facing the swordsmen who wanted to take his life.

At this moment, his strength and speed have been raised to the extreme. Tightly, he draws another black steel sword with his left hand.

Lappland let out a soft "Huh", apparently also surprised by Lin Ye's sudden burst of power.

But this surprise didn't last long, it turns into excitement. It was like a hungry predator, who saw the prey, that was asleep for a whole day, and the energy they saved at this moment burst out, and she also draws out her other sword.

She swung it towards Lin Ye.

*Clang!*

The black sword and the white swords crashed with each other, making a harsh sound. This made the surrounding snow around them move by the impact. Lappland smirks while Lin Ye grits his teeth.

The onlookers feel that something is wrong, especially Matterhorn. As a combat operator himself, he could easily feel that the aura of the two, and it did not seem to be just sparring, but as if they were fighting a life and death fight.

He immediately stands up. Staring at the two people seriously.

Lin Ye is used to life and death fights, but he didn't think this fight counted as one in his book, at first.

However, from Lappland's expression, she obviously didn't put all her strength into it, she is only a little serious.

She was probably surprised by the power that Lin Ye showed before, so she wanted to see what Lin Ye could really do.

Lin Ye, under the blessing of the Wave Leaping Strike, did block Lappland's attack, but this was also his limit. He had to grit his teeth and exhaust all his strength to even keep up with her ongoing attack. Even dual wielding, It is still not enough. His body is starting to retreat step by step, and he is slowly getting tired.

After some time passes, she finally backs off. This gave him some moment to catch his breath.

"Hey! Quack Doctor, you are quite strong!" Lappland tilts her head, "Then I will work harder."

Lin Ye is shocked and was about to say "Nope!", but Lappland had already moved.

Lappland is not a pure-power-type guard, as can be seen from the weapons she uses. A pure-power-type guard should be someone like Skadi, using a big sword. They can use various skills. The type that strengthens to extreme measures.

Lappland should be more of a fast pace type of guard, still strong but had the speed to bust their enemies down.

Lin Ye is only somewhat close to her strength, only while having Wave Leaping Strike active.

When she said those words, she meant that this no longer a spar but an all-out real fight.

Once this turned into a "real fight", the ending was certain.

Lappland launches an attack on Lin Ye. He originally thought that he could at least block a few of them when he hadn't completely dissipated with the Leaping Wave Strike. But he didn't expect her swords to move much faster than his, and it bypassed Lin Ye's guard, and the hilt hit his wrist, directly hitting a vein, and he drops one of his black steel swords. Only one sword was left for him to use.

Lin Ye, who normally fights with his right arm, had trouble protecting himself.

So, it was not a surprise that Lappland only took less than two seconds for her to press a sword on Lin Ye's neck.

"You lost."

"...Oh."

Lappland smiles and looks at Lin Ye.

Lin Ye stared at Lappland blankly.

He knew that he would lose, but he didn't expect to lose so thoroughly, because, at this time, Wave Leaping Strike that brought him strength buff has not dissipated yet. His strength and speed are at their peak, but Lappland still defeated him with only two or three swings.

He knows that when he uses that skill, even if in a short time, he can achieve the same level as Yato. Yato can only beat him quickly and neatly when the power bonus brought by his Wave Leaping Strikes is off.

In this comparison, Lappland's strength is better than him in every way.

Lappland puts her swords back into their sheaths. "Ah~ that much better. Being able to move around, although it's still a bit boring. How about we do it again?" While talking she looks at Lin Ye with excitement.

At this time, Lin Ye is already in the weak period of using the skill on himself, of course, it is impossible to agree with Lappland, and shook his head quickly: "No, it's not good for my body if we continue."

"Huh? How does this hurt your body?"

Lin Ye looks at Lappland. He was a little worried that Lappland would not be able to hold herself back. Lappland looks a little bit crazy, but the control of swordsmanship is still very good, so he hesitated for a while, and said, "I will have one with you tomorrow night?"

Her eyes instantly brighten up. Her tail wags around happily.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Dart by Jaq

Proofread by Kingofkrakens

Edit by Jaq