𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Draco's Pov

The sun went down quickly, the darkness took over and I knew it was time.

My hands trembled, my heart raced rapidly and my palms grew sweaty as I stood before the Vanishing Cabinet- yet again.

This time it seemed bigger, more daunting- I was more terrified of it than ever.

Sickness overcame me as I waited by the Cabinet, I hated myself for allowing this to happen- I was basically bringing my whole school to their own deaths.

The room was peacefully silent, all that sounded was my heart jumping out my chest.

I just wanted to run away- far, far away but I couldn't abandon Alexis.

I needed to fight this, not just for her but for my school.

Time passed by so slowly, I was just waiting for some sort of noise to come from the cabinet but it still never came.

I jumped out of my skin when I suddenly heard movement in the room, small footsteps pattering on the floor- quickly getting closer.

I stared into the darkness, waiting for someone to jump out at me.

A small, soft voice spoke and It instantly calmed my nerves. "Draco, I didn't mean to scare you like that- It's just me, Alexis".

She came out of the darkness, now stood right before me- her sweet eyes lay on me.

"Not your fault. My nerves are just all over the place", I sighed as relief hit me.

"Understandable, I'm scared too. I saw you sneaking in here and I followed you because I didn't want you to be alone", She smiled sweetly as she grabbed my hands- holding them tightly.

My hearted melted ever so slightly, even in my darkest times- she brought light over the situation.

"Always so thoughtful, love but you shouldn't be here- you need to leave".

"I'm not leaving, Draco. I cant leave you".

"I regret ever getting you involved in fixing this stupid thing and I wont let it go any further, you need to go".

"Exactly we said we'd do this together, forever and always- remember, I'm not leaving you alone now".

"Alexis, I-

Before I could even get the last two words out, their was movement coming from the Cabinet, loud banging noises filled the room.

Fear overcame me.

The scariest thing was the fear I saw in Alexis's face.

"They're coming, you need to leave now!", I begged desperately as I ripped my hands away from hers.

"I'm not leaving you, Draco-

"ALEXIS, JUST FUCKING LEAVE NOW!", I bellowed louder than ever before, making her cower.

And before I could even apologise for shouting at her, she'd already ran away.

Apart of me was sad but the other half was glad.

I had no time to prepare myself for the rest of the night, as I could hear the door of the cabinet creaking open.

I didn't dare turn round to look as they stepped out from the cabinet, the fear would only get the best of me.

I heard dozens of footsteps at a time jump out of the cabinet, crashing down on the concrete as they did.

I felt them all crowd behind me but I still couldn't bring myself to turn around and face them.