Chapter 4 (Part One)

Rain began to fall into the late October air. The moon was full and bright, gleaming over Savannah. Leaning on the rail of his bedroom balcony, Najee watched as the remaining stragglers began to clear the city. He took a big gulp of the Hennessy bottle he had while reflecting on the night.

First, and the biggest problem was Cordell. He couldn't fathom why Cordell would construct the idea to return to Savannah. Vengeance he knew, but why? Why such folly? Cordell had to know he would die. Did he really think he could stop Najee? Did he not understand Najee was thee original? There was no killing him. There was no revenge. That's what it was all about. Vengeance. Vengeance against Najee for killing the remains of everything Cordell cared about.

It was stupid for it will only result in Cordell's death. Must be something else, Najee thought. Something that would give Cordell such courage. Something worth dying for. Najee just had to figure it out. Death was simply not an option for him. Unless Cordell planned on bringing the end to the entire vampire race. So what was it? What did Bryan intend on helping Cordell with? Just what was Cordell's plan?

Another gulp.

Only now did Najee wish he hadn't killed Bryan so damn fast. There was much information that was needed. An enemy lurking, hiding. It was driving Najee to worse paranoia than what he already had. He contemplated burning down the city to smoke Cordell out. Where are you? How long has Cordell been back? Did he know about Aaliyah?

Another gulp.

He should've ripped out Cordell's heart ten years ago. But Emma....

Emma.

There wasn't any doubt in his mind that there was going to be hell to pay from Emma, behind him killing Cameron. The audacity to pledge allegiance to the enemy. Do these vampires know nothing? The thinking Cameron had, with his emotions were much too dangerous. It would only cause more problems. Death was the only logical approach.

Kill them now, because they might hold a grudge. Najee understood the games of power and war. You leave no room for your enemies to hold and build on animosity. Hence their current situation. Like a thief in the night, they'll come to steal your life.

It may be a decade or two for wounds to heal. After Cordell was dead, Najee would have to leave. Maybe return to Winchester. A tragedy. Najee admired Emma. He was more than impressed with what she built since nineteen twenty. In the last century, the Toure had rose to be the most powerful clan in the world. Even the Order held resentment.

It's that kind of power that brings responsibility. Responsibility to kill when needed. To show no mercy. That was her problem. Emma was far too merciful. The Brotherhood of the Dammed is a clan that Najee started after the Eternals departed from each other. These problems: revolt, conspiracy, he's never experienced with the Brotherhood. That's because they knew, they would die.

The perfect leader has equal fear and respect.

Najee didn't mind being feared. Fear was a part of maintaing control. Control was something Najee should've seized ten years ago and just killed Cordell. Now Cameron's dead.

Another gulp.

Then there was Aaliyah and Lydia. An annoyance having Lydia in the know but Najee truly didn't hold resentment to Aaliyah for exposing the secret. Aaliyah was only seventeen, Najee was surprised she held on this long. Still..Cordell could have eyes on them. What if he used Lydia as leverage against Aaliyah, against Najee? It was better keeping Lydia close. Plus he had to protect Aaliyah's bestfriend anyway. The closer the better. The uncertainty of Cordell was becoming more and more patronizing to Najee.

Where are you?

Another gulp.

"Gonna kill the whole thing yourself?" The voice asked.

Without looking back, Najee knew exactly who the voice belonged to. The voice itself brought such excitement, the angelicness of the voice brought an instant sense of peace and serenity. Her voice. Goosebumps covered him, as he became nervous, he couldn't fight his smile. Just like that with one sentence, his temper calmed. Just by hearing her. All because of her. It's been so long since he has seen her.

"Niomi," he said turning to face her.

"Hey Najee."

Wait wait hold up! So that aint Malaysia? All this Malaysia talk just for y'all to meet another bitch? Whew Chile, even vampires get messy! What do y'all think will come from Niomi? Don't forget to vote & comment #MakeVampiresCoolAgain
-Shazzam

Did you like that? Keep reading for more. 1 like = 1 high five :)
-Alex the Editor