Chapter 36

Okay, calm down. Calm the fuck down. Stop shaking. You sleep over at the girls' all the time. Think of this like that.

I have been trying to prep myself mentally for the past 30 minutes. I can't believe I said yes. This may've been the stupidest decision I have ever made.

But what the hell, this entire summer was about making spontaneous decisions. Kayden has pulled me out of my shell like some damn fish and unmasked me to this outside world. His world. The normal world? I don't even know. I just never saw myself sleeping over at a guys house after, what? The third date? I'm not really keeping count. Like I said, I'm trying to enjoy the ride without reading too much into everything.

I'm even bringing him to Nicole's- Ivana's sister- wedding. I know Ivana would be bringing a date since she's been seeing her super-hot yoga instructor for a while now, I knew Joshua would never make the allegiance of bringing a date so he probably claimed Nara before she could even ask anyone else. And then the other two bitches sprung on me that they've got dates as well, and what the fuck was I going to do? Go alone and watch them dance, laugh and drink with their dates all night? I don't fucking think so.

Plus, I don't like weddings. And the thought of having Kayden by my side... It made the night seem a whole lot more bearable to me.

''Why don't you take Cassie's shower? There's all kinds of girly shit in there you can use.'' Kayden suggest once we've settled inside.

I'm pleasantly surprised to find out his condo is not a total bachelors pad. I wasn't expecting it to be this... lovely when we first stepped in through his private lift entrance. Of course he lives in the penthouse with the high, vaulted ceilings, big windowpanes, a couch larger than the circumference of my entire apartment with Beovision television that costs more than my college tuition in front of it, on top of remote controlled fireplace with black edges, his natural stones flooring is so wide, it seems never-ending. Everything's accented in clean whites and grays, from the painting in the halls to the furniture. Its beautiful in here. The heavy looking, murky curtains are closed, hiding his enormous windows, but it only exaggerates the place's elegance by making everything... homier, somehow.

''Babe?'' Kayden's voice snaps me out of my stupor.

''Right. Yes. I would love to use Cassie's shower. Thanks.'' Everyone was starving so we decided to go out and eat before going our separate ways. Little did I know which way I was actually gonna go.

''Alright, I'll walk you up.''

Huh? ''Up?''

He point to his ceilings. ''Second floor.''

Jesus Christ.

''This place got more than one floor?''

He nods his head. ''Three.''

What the fuck does one person need a three floor penthouse for? That's insane. Then again, this guy's probably got more money than he knows what to do with.

He grins sheepishly, as if reading my mind. ''Pretty crazy, huh?''

I laugh. ''Something along those lines.''

''I know,'' he acknowledges with a curt nod. ''Now stop judging me and go shower.''

''Aye-aye, captain.''

''Red or white?'' Kayden calls out from his open kitchen, connected to his massive living room.

''I mean, we're eating sushi so I'd say white.''

I'm still not over how amazing this place is. If I thought I was blown away when I first stepped in, I was wrong. Now that he's opened the preset drapes and the late afternoons, rose-tinted sun is gleaming through the space... its like a movie. I have seen some crazy places in my days so this shouldn't even jolt me as much as it does, but even his shower was ornate and so over the top. Those tiles probably cost more than my yearly rent if I paid any, courtesy to my grandparents who bought it off.