chapter seventy-six

CHAPTER SIXPHOENIX

CHAPTER SIX
PHOENIX

SO YOU GUYS CAN TELL US WHAT OUR POWERS REALLY ARE?

LOCATION: CANTEEN

"How come you guys are younger but know so much?" Renjun asked, a bit hurt he didn't know all of this although he didn't show it.

Chenle shrugged, "it seems you guys didn't have grown-ups or older siblings to teach you about it all. We had Areum's grandmother and brother."

"You have an older brother? Where is he?"

Areum's smile slightly dropped, her voice becoming low all of a sudden. "He escaped a few weeks ago with his girlfriend. We've been planning ours for a while too but we haven't found the chances yet."

"Why are you talking so quietly?" Jeno asked.

Jisung lifted his head upwards, tilting it in different directions. The older kids caught on, noticing the cameras in the corners of the room.

"They can only pick up audio so close," Jisung mentioned, his voice quieter.

"Why don't you three come sit with us so we can talk more, yeah?" Eunha smiled, standing up to help pull a chair to their table.

The three younger kids took her offer, making themselves comfortable at the table even without any food in front of them.

"So you guys know what our powers are?" Donghyuck asked, a hint of hopefulness in his eyes.

Areum nodded slowly, "it really depends. We know about you since Chenle has a cousin that's a phoenix but we don't know much about vampires, shapeshifters, or necromancers."

Hyeji nodded, "tell us what you do know, he won't stop asking until he gets answers."

Areum smiled at the older girl's joke, "of course. Phoenix's are another uncommon type of demon. You have many powers. The first one you should unlock is the ability to control your body temperature. Then afterwards, you'll learn how to teleport in large flames. Your tears have healing abilities, they can heal not only you but those who you cry on."

Not only Donghyuck but the others listened with intrigue, clearly amazed with what the younger girl informed them of.

"You will grow strong and have more strength as time goes by. Along with the ability to teleport in flames, you can basically turn yourself into ashes. And since a phoenix never dies, you will just come back to life seconds or minutes later. If controlled correctly, you can come back to life as the form you once "died" as, instead of coming back to life as a newborn. You have many other powers but I can't remember a lot."

Donghyuck smiled, "so I really am special?"

→ ♕

aaaaaahhhhhh donghyuck finally accepting himself!!

anyways it's march 21st and i'm trying to finish this story so i can work on the others but i don't want this one to have a rough finish ✋🏽🚶🏽‍♀️