· Making Friends ·

Enjoy! xx

PS: Don't forget to vote and follow if you're enjoying the book so far! Comments also welcome :)

***

Sophie's POV

***

Today is the day I meet Phil, Tommy, and Tubbo or Toby. Will says he prefers to be called Tubbo though. I've never spoken to them, but I have watched their streams before so I do know what I'm getting myself into.  Phil seems calm and kind whereas Tommy is chaotic and a bit wild. Tubbo seems to be less chaotic, but it's still there somewhere inside of him. I can tell. 

I finish getting dressed and soon miss the comfort of my cat onesie as the sickening feeling of meeting new people settles in my stomach. What if they don't like me? What if I do something? Say something? 

I take a deep breath and shake my head. I'm overthinking this. 

I spray myself with perfume lightly and look in the mirror to check over myself. For the first time in a while, I feel like I look good. 

knock knock

I turn around and see Wilbur stood in my bedroom doorway, his knuckles resting on my already open door. 

"Ready?"

I nod and grab my bag. "Ready"

We walk downstairs and out the door to Will's car. I get in the front seat and start nibbling my thumbnail as Wilbur starts the engine. 

"Don't do that," Will frowns, pulling my hand away from my mouth. "It's a bad habit"

I roll my eyes. I can't describe how many times mum used to tell me that.

"Don't be nervous," Will says again, turning down the street. "They'll love you and you'll love them. Tommy's a bit hectic, but Phil and Tubbo are pretty chill. Once you get to know them you'll all be best friends"

"I'm not nervous!" I protest, crossing my arms. 

"Yes, you are!" Wilbur chuckles, moving his hair out of his eyes. "I can tell. My judge of character is on point"

"Your judge of character is fucked"

"Language," Will says, shaking his head as he smiles. "And I can tell you're nervous because you always get this look on your face and the twitchy hands. Remember when you where four at that ballet recital?"

"We don't have to talk about that," I groan, shutting my eyes as the memories come flooding back. "Please tell me you won't bring that up today with the other guys"

"Already have!"

"Ass," I mutter under my breath.

"You were four!" Wilbur smiles, shaking his head. "It was adorable!"

"Me wetting myself onstage at four years old during a ballet recital because I was scared of the crowds of parents isn't adorable! It's embarrassing!"

"It's probably on some camcorder somewhere-"

"No," I shake my head. "Let that video die, please"

Wilbur drives down another road and the sea stretches out in front of us, making me smile. The sun bounces off the waves and suddenly I'm excited for a walk on the beach. I roll down the window and stick my head out letting the wind brush through my eyelashes and hair. The sun feels nice and warm on my cheeks and neck.

"You look like a dog," Will comments, turning the wheel. "Stick your tongue out next"

I sit back down and roll the window up.