The Waiting

It was 11pm when Yuki started to doubt if she was getting a visit tonight or not. Maybe he forgot or something came up. Yuki turned in her chair towards the open windows, she assumed he would enter the same way he had last time. She frowned slightly, it’s ridiculous that I am actually looking forward to this visit. Yuki paused, a realization sweeping over her, am I attracted to this man? Yuki shook her head with a laugh, that’s impossible, I haven’t even seen his face. How can you be attracted to someone you’ve never even seen.

“Something funny?” The ANBU was in his chair staring at Yuki

“Oh, no I was just thinking of how my lesson went today. I get to teach on my own tomorrow, so I’m just a bit nervous.” I hope that was enough of a recovery.

“Congratulations. I’m very impressed that you’ve accomplished so much in such a short time.” Kakashi tried his best to keep his voice even, I’d give anything to wrap you in my arms and tell you everything.

Kakashi stilled, maybe this was a bad idea, maybe I won’t be able to just walk away from this.

“Are you ok?” Yuki laid a hand on the ANBU’s shoulder and felt his body tense. She jumped back quickly “I’m sorry, that was very inappropriate.”

Her head was down as she moved away, how could I do that? The man is a trained assassin, he could have killed me out of instinct.

Kakashi rose quickly, moving directly in front of Yuki. His right hand lifting her chin up to meet his gaze, if only she would see my eyes. She could read everything about me right now and I wouldn’t even have to say a single word.

“Don’t be sorry. You are a compassionate person and that is a very important trait to have as a sensei.” She smiled up at him, Kakashi felt his heart melting. The only thought on his mind was kissing her, but then his cover would be blown, risking the chance of Yuki hating the idea it had been Kakashi all along. I won’t risk that, I need to keep seeing her!

Kakashi snapped back to reality when he felt Yuki’s hand on his side, a very soft and innocent touch.

“I have no idea what you look like,” She said with a laugh “but at least now I can tell something about you.”

Kakashi moved his hand from her face to her back, moving her closer to his body. Yuki inched forward, her arms reaching up to rest on Kakashi’s waist. She was too scared to move any closer as she looked up into the blacked out eyes of the ANBU mask. Her breathing had picked up and she was shaking slightly, Kakashi began to question how much longer he could stay like this. I need you so much Yuki. His hands moved up and down her back, causing her to lean further into him. Her body finally came to rest against his and it drove him mad, he felt his grip tighten on her, causing a small gasp to escape her. Kakashi looked down quickly to see if he may have hurt Yuki, but she just raised her head with a smile.

“I’ve never been this close to a man before.” She blushed slightly, I wish I could see your eyes, I’m sure I would love them.

“I’m sorry.” Kakashi stepped back slightly, but still had his hands on Yuki’s back. Putting a little bit of distance between them again “I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.”

“I’m fine.” Kakashi felt Yuki’s grip on his waist tighten, she doesn’t want me to move away from her

Kakashi raised a hand and touched her face again, his other hand stayed pressed into the small of her back. Yuki smiled into his touch, her eyes closed, she looked so perfect. He lowered his hand to her waist and she opened her eyes.

“I’m afraid this visit is over.” It took everything in Kakashi to say those words, but he knew she had a long day ahead of her tomorrow and he wanted her to succeed.

“Alright.” Yuki frowned lowering her head as she backed away from the ANBU.

Kakashi captured her hands in his before she could move too far from him and pulled her to stand in front of him once more. He released her hands as his head fell to look down at his hands. Her eyes widened as she watched Kakashi pull a glove off, silently convincing himself he was making a good decision, she’s never around me long enough to see my hands and with my gloves I’ll be fine. His breathing became deep as he reached his hand up to Yuki’s face. Her eyes never left his hand as it rose and when it finally met her cheek her face began to glow a bright red. She smiled shyly at him, his thumb rubbing her cheek lightly. Kakashi lowered his hand away, turning and making his way to the window.

Yuki watched as the ANBU turned away and walked towards the window. Will I see him tomorrow? What if this was the last visit? Yuki panicked as her thoughts ran through her head and reached out for the ANBU’s hand before he made his way out of the window. He turned quickly around at the feel of her touch as she stepped in front of him one last time tonight.

“Will you be back tomorrow?” She was still holding onto his hand, her voice sounding so small

“Yes,” Kakashi brought his hand to her cheek again, his thumb grazing her lips “I will be back tomorrow.”

Yuki shivered at the soft touch on her lips and smiled brightly at his words. Kakashi knew he had to leave this second, if I don’t I’ll ruin everything.

Kakashi turned, jumping into the tree and over to the next roof top. Just like his last visit he turned to steal his last glance of Yuki for the night. She was again hanging out the window staring up at him. However, tonight she waved up at him, a very tiny wave, but a closer to their evening nonetheless. Kakashi smiled down at her and waved back, he saw the smile on her face as he returned the gesture. Until tomorrow night my Yuki, and then he was gone.