6: Dysphoria

Are you enjoying this story so far?

Comment 🥺
____

Comment 🥺____

"

They're expected to forget everything they knew about being anything other than what they're supposed to be."- Anna-Marie McLemore, When the Moon Was Ours

Dysphoria (n.)- a state of feeling very unhappy, uneasy, or dissatisfied

)- a state of feeling very unhappy, uneasy, or dissatisfied

Adrianna's POV:

His voice that was of a molten bitter dark chocolate, left a sweet sweet after taste within me.

For the first time, I became aware of his eyes- his eyes that remained lifeless, emotionless, yet I could feel their weight upon me.

Goosebumps arose through my skin, affecting me the way it shouldn't be affecting me.

The more I fought internally, denying his very presence, the more it rooted itself deep within me- until I was made aware of it through my erratic heart rate, droplets of cool sweat, tingly palms and throbbing cunt.

The later one, I could ignore, because I reacted the same way with every male.

I let out a shuddered breath, the words that were the craft of his tongue made my purse my lips in anticipation and fear.

"Mr. Estevan? Before that, I was meaning to ask you something..."

His fingers clenched as he made himself comfortable on the couch, not that he was unsteady before. I was taken aback by the way the yellowish hue of the chandelier casted a golden glow at the side of his face, emphasizing his godlike features.

And suddenly, I wanted to see what he hid underneath his mask.

He tilted his head ever so slightly, an indication that he was listening.

I gulped as the nervousness and fear that was forgotten momentarily hit me with all it's might, my mind drifting back to the shoe prints on my floor.