• 7 •

hi. lol. it's been so long. before you murder me, please know that there were lots of changes that took place in my life recently that drained the fuck out of me. also i missed my twerking mosquitoes. hopefully i'm back for good.

if you're on tiktok, follow my booktok: @mygreypages. i'm kind of famous😎 (i wish) + you'll know if i'm alive or not. it's a win-win situation. (also let me know if you're there from wp)

thank you to everyone who checked up on me over the months. i really appreciate you. and i'm sorry for not replying. life was exhausting.

X E N A

Vincenzo.

That was his name.

Leaning against his chest, I couldn't help but repeat his name in my head.

Vincenzo. Vincenzo. Vincenzo.

I fought the sudden urge to say his name out loud. How would his name taste in my mouth? Would my tongue roll at 'Enzo'?

Vincenzo. Gelato.

His abs tightened under my body, just as though he could hear my most innermost, deepest, darkest thoughts.

My lip twitched and I levelly breathed deeply around the knife still punctured in my throat. Eyes narrowing in at Axel, I probed him in my mind, dissecting each of his movements in the past, around me. Was he a part of Caleb's plan too? To 'hand' me over to the common enemy as a peace offering?

Judging by the subdued curiosity in his gaze, he had no idea. But if I had learned anything in the past fifteen minutes, it was to not keep my expectations high.

I could feel Caleb stare a hole down the side of my face. Ignoring it, I mentally counted the weapons I still had on me. Two more knives down my heels, and a pistol tucked in my thigh-holster.

Vincenzo's hold tightened around me, pressing me even closer into him, no doubt thinking that I was about to escape.

I would, but only after I got some more answers from him. Let him think that he has won. For now. Besides, I was too busy fighting my own raging demons to show him his place.

"So, this is your leverage?" My lips tilted down disdainfully, as my eyes swept two of my men and two of Vincenzo's guards behind. "I've got to say, it's kind of pathetic." On second thought, I added, "No hard feelings." Dishonesty bled in my voice.

Vincenzo wasn't having any of it.

"Tell me you won't as much as blink if I order my men to skin yours." His voice wasn't above a murmur. It was throaty, it was smooth. And the next second, it was a harsh whisper. Brittle and unforgiving.

Everything about him screamed 'predator' and I had no doubt, none at all, that a predator like him had no time to hand out empty threats.

"Tell me," His lips caressed the lobe of my ear, drawing out a tremor in my jaw, "That you won't hesitate seeing the skin ripped off clean, or messily, depending on my mood, from between their bone marrows." His lips brushing against my ear was a total one-eighty from his words. "Tell me, Xena."

I knew I had to play it cautious now. One wrong move of mine, and two more bodies would join the ground, making the grand total of seven dead bodies.