Chapter 41

"That's Haganezuka-san's scent!" Tanjiro informed. Inosuke pulled you along as you tried to catch up to their speed. "Yahoo!" Inosuke cheered as the three of you made it outside.

"Haganezuka-san! Long time no see!" Tanjiro greeted as he waved at Haganezuka from afar. You noticed Haganezuka running towards you and Tanjiro. Your eyes widened when you saw him holding a knife. "Tanjiro-kun!" you said as you tried to pull Tanjiro.

"How have you been?" Tanjiro exclaimed as he also realized Haganezuka was running towards the two of you. You managed to pull Tanjiro and yourself out of the way from Haganezuka's incoming attack. "H-Haganezuka-san?" Tanjiro asked in panic as you hid behind Tanjiro, scared to see Haganezuka's figure.

"How dare you snap my sword in two? You've got a lot of nerve!" Haganezuka yelled as you saw the eyes of his mask turning red from anger. "And you!" Haganezuka pointed his knife at you, making you flinch. 'If I die again, I'm haunting Michi-nii then scare Kibutsuji to death.' you thought as you watched Haganezuka walk towards you.

"I'm glad you're all right! It's okay if your sword's gone! As long as you're alive!" Haganezuka exclaimed as he shook your shoulders back and forth.

You and Tanjiro were shocked at the sudden change of mood. 'He's not mad?!' the two of you thought.  'My blade was gone because a certain someone took it though.' you thought as you kept apologizing to Haganezuka while he kept saying it's fine. "I don't forgive you though!" Haganezuka yelled at Tanjiro.

"I'm sorry! B-but to be honest, I came this close to being killed! My opponent was insanely strong!" Tanjiro explained. "Not true! That has nothing to do with it! You're the one to blame! It's all your fault! You're pitifully weak! That's why it broke! Otherwise, my sword would never snap like that!" Haganezuka said as he kept poking Tanjiro's cheek really hard.

"I'm going to kill you!" Haganezuka yelled as he chased after Tanjiro around the estate. You watched as Tanjiro avoided Haganezuka's attacks as he yelled out apologies. "Is that a new training regimen?" Kanae asked as she appeared beside you. "Probably not, Nee-san." Shinobu replied as she watched the scene in front.

----------------

"Well, Mr. Haganezuka is a very passionate man. He loves his swords more than anyone. There's no one like him even in the sword-forgers' homeland." The man explained, he also seems to be wearing a mask similar to Haganezuka's.

"You're probably right...." Tanjiro muttered as the two of you turned to see Haganezuka laying on the floor, glaring at Tanjiro. "My name is Kanamori. I was the one who forged Master Inosuke's swords. I would be thrilled if they prove useful in battle." Kanamori informed as you all turned towards Inosuke who was holding his two blades.

You watched as his blades changed color. "Beautiful, aren't they? The dull sheen of that indigo-gray hue is so cool. It's a fine color for a sword. But I would also like to see (Y/N)-san's blade." Kanamori said as he turned to look at you. "Haganezuka-san told me about the legendary white colored nichirin blade. I am lucky to be here because I look forward to see that blade. The last time swordsmiths saw that blade was during the Sengoku Era." Kanamori explained.

You looked down at your sword as you removed it from its scabbard and raised it for everyone to see. All of you watched as the blade changed into a white color. "It's such a beautiful color. To be one of the people to see such a rare color." Kanamori said in awe as he looked at your blade. "I told you so, Kanamori! Being able to see this is a blessing!" Haganezuka exclaimed as tears fell from his mask.

You all heard Inosuke grunt as he stood up. "How do you like the grips? The thing is, this is the first time I've ever forged swords for a dual-wielder. Master Inosuke?" Kanamori asked as you all watched Inosuke walking towards the pond in the yard and began moving some rocks.

All of you looked confused as Inosuke grabbed a giant rock in his hand. Inosuke swung down the rock at his blade, chipping it. All of you screamed at his actions as Inosuke finished chipping his blades. "Better." Inosuke exclaimed as he looked at his chipped sword.

"I'll kill you, you miserable brat! You bastard! Are you flaunting it?!" Kanamori yelled angrily as you and Tanjiro struggled to hold Kanamori off so he wouldn't kill Inosuke. "We're sorry! We're sorry!" you and Tanjiro exclaimed.

Inosuke ignored Kanamori as he then started to chip his other blade, causing Kanamori to scream again. "Bastard! That's it! You're a dead man!" Kanamori yelled.

From now on....... Inosuke is on Kanamori's hate list.

---------------

"I'm so exhausted. I had to stop Kanamori-san from killing Inosuke-kun." you blurted out as you held onto Douma's neck while he carried you on his back.

"I still can't believe he just suddenly dragged you out of the room." Rui said as he walked besides Douma. "(Y/N)-neesan, will you teach me how to swing a sword again?" Rui asked as he looked at you. "Of course, Rui." you replied with a gentle smile.

Rui's eyes lit up in happiness as he gave you a grin. "Thank you, (Y/N)-neesan!" Rui exclaimed happily. Douma chuckled as he stopped in his tracks, making you and Rui look at him confused.

"Douma-kun?" you asked as you peeked from his shoulder. Douma turned towards you and gave you a peck on the cheek, making you blush in his actions.

Douma adjusted his hold on you as he held out one of his hand towards Rui. "Let's go home, Rui?" Douma asked as you looked at Rui, waiting for his answer.

Rui's eyes widened as he stared at Douma's outstretched hand. He then turned his head to you as Douma placed you down on the ground. The two of you looked at Rui as you held out your arm towards him as well, a reassuring smile on your face.

Rui's vision changed as he saw you and Douma looking at him with a gentle smile on both of your faces when you told him that you both will help him. A few tears slipped out of Rui's eyes as you and Douma looked at him in worry. Rui wiped the tears from his face as he faced the two of you.

He grabbed yours and Douma's hand in his as he gave you both a smile. "Let's go home!" Rui exclaimed as his smile widened. You and Douma looked at each other and smiled.

"Let's go home, (Y/N)-neesan, Douma-san." Rui said. "Hai hai." you both replied as the three of you continued on walking back to your estate. Rui walked in between you and Douma as he swing yours and Douma's arms in each of his hands.