Chapter 10B

Yeonjun's POV

"I CAN'T WAIT for the elections!"

Mommy said excitedly as we're at the dinning table eating dinner. My dad will be running to be the president of South Korea.

Mommy has been handling Daddy’s campaign ever since the first time he ran for a government position. People loved Daddy so much that Mommy was sure that Dad will win. The elections are still next year but Mommy wants it to be well planned.

There are many big people that Dad will be competing with, especially now that he wants to run for president. That's why even the one on the red carpet on Beomgyu's birthday was also issued because people predicted that Dad will run for president next year. Even my life is being questioned by them.

"Ah... Mom." Mommy looked at me. Dad looked at me too.

"Do you know Ryujin?" I asked.

My mom's eyes went wide before she looked at dad.

"R-Ryujin?" She said tremblingly.

My forehead crease. Why is Mom shaking?

"Yes, Mom. My rumored girlfriend people gossiped after I was seen with her on the red carpet during Beomgyu's birthday celebration."

She sighed in relief. "Ah... That girl. What about her?"

"She'll be having her birthday next week and she invited me along with my friends. We agreed to use the prize we got at the welcome party last time." I explained. "Can I go with them?"

Dad and her looked at each other.

"You can go, honey. Just be careful with your actions okay? You know how your actions can affect your Dad's election, right?"

I nodded. I've been living with this life even before I was born. I should always be concious of the things I do. I should always do the right thing. People look up to our family because my family has been associated with positions in the government. I grew up to fit for what people expected me to become.

My dad actually got a backlash before when people found out I'm into music. They said I shouldn't be in love with music when my family is into politics. Meaningless opinions, yes. But still my action reflected to what people think of my father.

"Let's go to the mall tomorrow!"

Beomgyu excitedly said. It's Saturday, the four of them are currently here in our house. Earlier they came here to study but we end up playing video games.

"Sorry, Lia and I will meet tomorrow." Soobin said immediately.

"I have plans." Taehyun's simple answer.

"We have a family gathering tomorrow. My cousin is getting married." and Kai.

Beomgyu looked at me. His eyes are asking me to come with him like a dog. I rolled my eyes before nodding.

I have nothing to do tomorrow. Might as well come with him to ease my boredness. In our circle of friend, Beomgyu and I are the only child, so we used to go out often, especially when we're bored.

"Let's go to the art gallery later after. My cousin will show some new artworks." It was Beomgyu.

His cousin owns an art gallery. It was what he inherited after there grandfather died.

From what I heard, Lia is also Beomgyu's cousin. Beomgyu was also surprised when his Mom mentioned it. Beomgyu thought his cousin, Jisu, is still in Canada but little did he know that Jisu already came back here in Seoul and is now called with her english name, Julia or simply Lia.