Chapter 53: Without Wishing

Jayden's POV

It had already been almost six weeks since we left the Philippines and since things in my life took a drastic turn. Every change in my life revolved around Kyra.

I always wished for her to find her true passion, follow it and be devoted to it. I kind of regretted letting her follow her dreams, but it made her happy so I had to support her. Her passion was in business. She was clearly business minded and was excellent at creativity, calculations and risk taking.

She had been promoted to her rightful position as my wife at the company to the executive board. She now had her own office pretty close to mine and she was working really hard day and night for the company's success.

Dad and I engaged her into a number of our family projects which increased her workload and the number of appointments and meetings on her schedule. She was adapting very well to the exposure to the bigger world.

Her first days were extremely hard for her since everyone was still talking and staring uncomfortably at her. She handled it better than I ever expected and ignored people's remarks although she'd complain a lot about it. It took her a couple of days to blend in and resume work peacefully.

Her health was much better now and her knee was healed. She slowly started opening up and mixing with everyone comfortably. She appeared on interviews with big magazines, TV shows and she was a brand ambassador of many brands already.

She ventured into fashion and collaborated with Flavia on her first fashion collection which they named the London Collection. She was working on her relationship with her family. They still had problems, but they were doing good.

I missed her a lot. I was busy and she was also busy. We barely ever met at home. It was either I was out on a late business meeting and she was home or the other way round. When we did meet, it was at the office in a meeting or for a photoshoot or an interview.

When I called her, I was either too early or too late. She became an independent woman in a short space of time who was able to manage her self image and handle criticism and social media in a mature manner.

As for my relationship with Kylie, we had a big fight regarding the issue at the beach and ended up not talking for two weeks straight. We started talking again after she signed in as a model for our new summer collection. She was holding on to me too tight and gave me no room to break up with her.

I, however, made it clear that we were sticking to being friends without any benefits of pleasure. The only benefit I could give her was friendship related and finance related.

I sat in my library around seven in the evening. I was home early since I had rescheduled all my meetings for a doctor's appointment. I had my medical check up done and as expected, my blood pressure was high. We talked about it and I promised to take better care of my health.

We had a trip together to Rio de Janeiro the following day to visit our company's branch. She was coming with me and I hoped that we'd have some time to bond and cuddle up. I missed her kisses and her majestic body. This was one of the worst punishments any woman had ever given me, but I had to control myself.

I was currently signing some documents and preparing for speech I had to say at a business conference which was two weeks away and would be held in Singapore. I had to be ready in advance.

Since Martha was away for the week on her leave, I asked Christian to oder McDonald's for both Kyra and I. I had spoken to her earlier and she had promised to be home before nine. I didn't want her to deal with all the cooking after a long day at work. I could have cooked, but I was busy as well.