10. Jacob

10 YEARS LATER.

Time has passed and Jacob had grown to become a big boy. Age fourteen he was big and strong. His fire red hair was just as red as it always was. He would sit in the woods for hours practicing his knife throwing skills. He grew to learn of the family that took him and Michael in were cannibals but he didn't care as long as they were both fed. Michael is ten now and Lyndsay just loved and adored him and Jacob had grown to have some anger issues since his mother's passing. He kept the one and only picture of his family that his mother had brought with them since they left their home. 

He really missed his mother he was close with her. Now he was growing into a young man. It was snowing outside while he practiced his knifing. "Jacob! Jacob boy!" Noah called out. "Yes sir?" He called out. "Hey come home we got company!" Jacob knew that Charles and Mary with their sons were back. Tommy is a couple of years older than him now. He was about sixteen and Jimmy now eighteen. He would have his girl soon. Jacob grew close with Tommy. 

"Jacob!" Charles called out. "How are you my boy?" Jacob ran to go hug Charles. He called him Uncle Charlie. He met him and Mary and the boys when he was about five he was scared of them at first but he couldn't stay away from Charles calling him Uncle Charlie so it stuck ever since. "Uncle Charlie!" He said with excitement. "Oh careful now boy, wow you've gotten so big and strong. Good feeding I suppose." Charles said with a laugh. 

"Come on out of the cold everyone and Jacob that's enough of the knifing today young man." Lyndsay said with her big pregnant belly. "But Mom!" He groaned. "Listen to your mother Jacob!" Gabriel spoke harshly. "Yes sir." He said in defeat. Michael was sitting at the table with a book in his hands. He never hunted or killed anyone, he stayed inside reading most of the time. He was highly intelligent. Although with Noel and Gabriel and Noah he had to work the fields with them most times he hated it. So Noah figured make it to where three times a week he would work the farm with them. 

"Michael how are you son?" Charles asked. "I'm doing good Charles." Michael said not looking up from his book. "Ok Michael enough reading tonight, we got company and it's dinner time." Lyndsay said with a smile. "Certainly mother." Michael said with a polite manner and put his book away. Tommy and Jimmy came inside kicking the dirt off their shoes and going over to the table to sit. 

Noah was not  feeling well lately but he still got up to work. Lyndsay and Gabriel wanted their own home but figured stay with Noah and Noel who is now a week away from getting his own girl. 

(Quick note here, I forgot about Noel for a bit lol sorry. I will get to him in a bit.) 

Noel didn't get his girl at age twenty he wanted to help this one family with a farm they were also another family of cannibals not related to his family but he helped them. They had a daughter and he wanted her to be his but his father Noah said they aren't sure about that. But once he had seen her he thought yeah she's pretty enough. She had solid strawberry blond hair and blue eyes she was not very skinny but he didn't care. Noel is now twenty-five and he wanted to wait for this girl because she was younger than him he wanted no one else just her. She was a little girl when he first saw her and at first had no thoughts of being with her. But once Noah saw her grown now he loved her. She is now gonna be eighteen and he wanted her now that she was of age to be with someone of his age in standards. 

He talked a little about her with Charles and them and they all thought she would be a great addition to the family. 

Now Lyndsay was close to giving birth to her and Gabriel's son whom they wanna named Jared. They had trouble conceiving for years but now they were happy that it was finally happening. Mary helped Lyndsay with the dishes  and having her sit while she served the food. Everyone laughed and joked around with one another while eating. That was when a knock at the door came. "Who's that?" Charles asked. "I know who that is I'll answer it." Noel said going to the door. It was the girl he was in love with Susie. Was her name. "Susie? What's the matter come in out of the cold."