Twenty Two

Louis' POV:

The rest of the Sunday went sour real quick. Well, I wouldn't say sour; it wasn't that bad. It was just a tiny bit embarrassing. For both Harry and I. I'd say it was slightly more embarrassing for Harry, though. 

Thankfully, the two of us were in our own, respective rooms. Around twelve in the afternoon, so basically noon, Alaska walked into my room after knocking once. Honestly, why is she so... Shameless, to say the least? You're supposed to wait after knocking; wait for permission to enter. Jeez. But no, Alaska doesn't believe in common etiquette, apparently.

I looked up from my phone, "What do you want now?"

She rolled her eyes, "Relax; no need to be rude. Come on downstairs, though. Harry's mum is here."

Wait, what the fuck? I didn't know Anne was visiting. I haven't seen Anne in so long. I miss her and Gemma, really. I'm going to kill Harry for not telling me sooner that Anne was visiting, to be honest. Not cool, mate. 

I blinked at Alaska, "Harry's mum? Did you know she was visiting?"

Alaska shook her head in response, "Nope. Harry didn't either. It's a surprise visit. I know you hate Harry and all, but come along and say hello to Mrs. Twist, alright?"

Wow, okay, Alaska. She really thinks I'm pretty enough to not greet Anne just because I 'hate' Harry. Hate is in quotes for obvious reasons. Even if I did really hate Harry, I'd still be wonderful to his mother, thank you very much. Anyway, I followed Alaska out of my room and down to the living room.

Everyone else was already there. Zayn and Liam were laughing at something Anne said, and Niall was practically on the floor, rolling with laughter. Anne's arm was around Harry and Harry was telling her something. 

Alaska announced, "I bring a tiny elf called Louis!"

Everyone else laughed some more at her statement, while Anne's eyes widened when she saw me. She let go of Harry immediately and walked over to me to give me a hug, "Louis! Hi, love. Long time no see!"

The atmosphere in the room changed real fast. Everyone stopped laughing to stare at me and Anne. Everybody looked real suspicious, and Harry just froze, looking super uncomfortable. I heard Liam murmur to Zayn, "Harry's mum and Louis are on hugging basis?"

Zayn shrugged, "No idea, but when did that happen?"

Niall was still too out of breath from all the laughing to say anything, and Alaska just stared at Harry to judge his reactions. Honestly, I've never seen Harry be more awkward. This would be so fucking hilarious if I wasn't involved in this situation. Damn it, Anne. I love Anne, but like... Ugh.

I hugged back, because honestly what else could I do? I whispered, "I know! Missed you, Anne."

Alaska's eyes moved over to me immediately. She mouthed, "Anne?"

Oh fuck. Everyone else probably calls her Mrs. Twist. This is not on me, okay? I've always called her Anne. Heck, I even have her saved in my phone as Anne. 

Anne pulled back and beamed at me, "You, Louis, never facetime me anymore! That is mildly upsetting, you know?"

If the others weren't fully suspicious yet, they definitely were now. All of them were staring at me. I didn't know what else to do other than act normal around Anne. If it isn't clear yet, Anne knows me as her son's boyfriend. Harry introduced me to his family a few weeks after I introduced him to mine. 

Harry first met my family during Christmas break a couple years ago. His mum had been with Gemma, his sister, in the States, and Harry had spent Christmas break with my family. Shortly after, around Easter, Harry and I went to visit his mum for a few days, and that's when I met Anne.