8. Sameer

A lil early update for all my lovely readers out there. Your support truly means a lot! 🥺♥️

(Imagine something like this to be where they stayed for the night ^^)

Enjoy 🌸

_______________________________________

Suleiman's POV:

After hearing Hooriya forgive me, I felt as though a huge burden had been taken off of me. I smiled as I recalled her adorable doings back at the shop. She sure loved her sweets, I thought as another smile automatically formed on my face. I glanced on my left to see Hooriya fidgeting with her fingers while looking out the window. I could literally feel the shyness oozing off of her. Its strange to think how a woman who spent most her life abroad could be this shy simply because she was sitting in my presence. The thought brought yet another smile to my face.

...Girl, you know I want your love

Your love was handmade for somebody like me

Come on now, follow my lead

I may be crazy, don't mind me

Say "Boy, lets not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me"

Come on now, follow my lead

Come, come on now, follow my lead...

The song immediately stopped as a red-faced Hooriya frantically put on another song.

"Shape of you, eh? I never thought you were into such songs," I gave her a teasing smirk as she looked at me like a deer caught in headlights.

"A f-friend of mine used my playlist once a-and downloaded it, I never listen to s-such s-songs," She avoided my eyes as she continuously stuttered whilst giving me an explanation. Of course you don't, love, your innocence speaks for itself, I thought with a light smile. I gave her a slight nod and, not wanting to prolong her obvious embarrassment, focused back on my driving.

After two hours of stealing glances of a constantly blushing Hooriya, we finally made it to Pano Aqil. Considering my father and Hooriya's father and uncle were all retired army officers (If you resign from the Army you are considered retired in Pakistan) we were going to be staying the night in Pano Aqil Canttoment (An Army residency area only for the families of Army officers and soldiers, and in some cases civilians).

"Sub please uth jao, hum bus utar ne he wale hain, (Everyone please wake up, we're almost there)" I heard Hooriya trying to wake everyone up as she saw us entering the Cantt area. After 5 minutes of yawning and stretching, everyone was finally awake.

After having parked the car outside the guest house we all stepped out. Just as I was about to go inside and check in at the reception, I overheard Hooriya's mother asking her a question that immediately stole my attention.

"Beta tum age koi bethi wi thein? Mana ke Suleiman ek bohat acha larka hai, lakin acha nahi lagta kisi na-mehram kay sath esa age bethne, (Child, why were you sitting at the front? Suleiman is a great boy, but it's still not appropriate to sit with a strange man at the front)" The question had my lips turning upwards. If her family was this conservative simply about sitting with me, then I knew for a fact that Hooriya had had a good Islamic upbringing - something I feared living abroad snatches from you at times.