21

Luci

Saint was being nice to me.

A little too nice.

He walked me back inside the house and ignored Kate who stared at him in shock.

He held my hand and rubbed circles on the back of it with his thumb. We entered my room and I yawned when I glanced at the clock.

"You're tired," he spoke before me. "I should go."

Before I could reply I felt arms scoop me from under my thighs. I gasped when he carried me further up and my bed and effortlessly place my body under my sheets.

He tucked the sheets in, making sure my body was secure. Saint walked to the other side of bed and grabbed the silk blue bonnet on my bedside table.

Promptly, he placed it onto my head and tucked my red braids inside the cap. He made sure it was secure before lifting my chin up to meet his eyes.

He glanced at my face and then directed his gaze to the rest of my body. He stopped and focused on the large black jacket I was wearing.

"Lose the jacket," he mumbled.

Rolling my eyes I picked up the crystal attached to his necklace. I twirled it around in my hands before dropping it back down.

"Lose the necklace then," I retorted.

In a matter of seconds Saint put his arms behind his neck and broke the necklace chain in half. He dangled it in front of me and threw it across my room into my small trash can.

"Your turn," he beckoned.

My mouth fell open, but I quickly closed it and shrugged Khalil's jacket off my body. Saint took the jacket and threw it down dramatically onto the floor.

"I didn't think you'd actually..." I trailed off.

He smirked at me and lifted my chin up again. He brought his mouth close to my ear and whispered, "When I told you I was going to earn your forgiveness I meant it."

He placed a quick kiss on the side of my neck before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Sleep well darling," he said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Butterflies invaded my stomach when I saw him leave my room. His stare was intense. I didn't think he wanted my forgiveness that badly.

"This is a good thing right?" I asked myself.

Did I truly want to forgive Saint? I wasn't even sure if I was going to go through with Khalil's plan. All I knew was that Saint being nice to me was dangerous.

My thoughts seemed to slow down as exhaustion creeped over me. It had been a long day, and only thing I wanted to do was to take a nice long rest.

Sunlight creeped through the windows as a new day was approaching. Groaning, I grabbed my glasses on my bedside table and my vision became clearer.

I sighed and got ready for the day. I finished my shower and brushed my teeth. After that I looked through my closet of new clothing. I settled for an orange crop top and a denim skirt.

Walking out of my room, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked into the living room.

"Khalil!" I yelled. His body was sprawled over the couch and he mumbled when I called his name.

"What?"

I smacked a pillow over his head and he glared at me when he looked up.

"Get dressed or we're gonna be late for the bus."