Settling into the Artemis Cabin

Third Person POV

Thalia attempted to drive to sun car.

Attempt is the keyword.

The ride was terrible. "Next time, I'm shadow traveling." I said shakily, as me and my sisters all but ran off the bus.

I hate flying.

A lot.

I took a look around Camp Half-Blood. It was the first time I had ever been to the camp my sisters had complained about.

Snow was falling lightly into the camp. It made it look like a winter wonderland.

 Frost covered what looking a chariot track and the strawberry fields. The cabins were decorated with tiny flickering lights, like Christmas lights, except they seemed to be balls of real fire.

The camp was huge.

There was a four story tall house painted in blue off in the distance, with the lake off to one side. There was a dining pavilion, an armory, an amphitheater, and a rock wall spewing actually lava.

"Whoa," Nico said as he climbed off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," Percy said.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?"

"Little extra challenge," Percy replied. "Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met..."

"I know Chiron," Zoë said stiffly. "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered.

"We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't" – he tripped over his own feet and came up still talking – "like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"

Zoë rolled her eyes, but I guess she figured there was no getting rid of Grover. My sisters and I shouldered their packs and their bows and headed off toward the cabins.

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the Hunters. I resisted the urge to flip him off as the red sports car flew off.

Grover ran commentary for everything at camp, which was only useful for me and Bianca. But worthless for the rest of the Hunters. 

Aaliyah Khan, daughter of Persephone(my step sister)might be the now second youngest camper, but she had spent five months at Camp Half-Blood before joining the Hunt; Aaliyah had joined the Hunt seven years before I had joined the Hunt. So it was useless to her as well.

"I'm telling you, the dryads can throw a mean snowball. But I'm pretty sure you already know that, since you love nature. I love nature to, so its like we were meant to be together." Grover winked at Zoë, which was not the best thing to do.

Zoë glared at him furiously, and slapped him hard across the face, making him stumble back a bit. Phoebe always hated it when someone flirted with our lieutenant, and she punched him in the eye for a good measure.

I bought out my wand and I the bludgeoning hex at his face, breaking his nose. Which got murmurs of approval from my sisters.

When Grover got back up, still delight to be in their presence, and after he saluted to them, ran off with a slap mark clearly visible with a new black eye and broken nose.

"Is that pretty common for you guys?" Bianca whispered to Lilith.

"Oh that's pretty tame for what I've seen." Lilith grinned.

I saw Bianca nod but still looked a bit nervous.

Cabin Eight was simple but elegant on the outside, but on the inside it was decorated nicely. The cabin was big enough for all of the Hunters to have their own bunks.

There were two doors; one for the bathroom and one for Lady Artemis's private room if she was staying with us at camp. The walls held the scene's of forest, animal's in movement, and the deer sacred to Artemis.

Plasma TV with movies and video games. And VR headsets, dart boards, and animal pelt rugs enchanted to always stay clean as well, decorating the cabin.

Once we all claimed a bed, Zoë got our attention. "Sisters, I am sorry for our visit here but m'lady ordered it. I have told thou already but I shall do so again. M'lady Artemis is off hunting a beast by herself, a beast that is capable of bringing down Olympus."

A few hunters looked nervous at that. "So, our lady has decided to Hunt alone and sent us here. Presumably for our own protection." she explained.

There were a few noises of protest form some of my sisters but Zoë wave them down. "Believe me, coming here was defiantly not my idea. I don't like it here as well, where we have to be with males. But we are going to have to stay here until our lady is finished so we must stay here. Dinner is at 6 if my memory is correct."

Zoë sighed. "And she forbid us from burning down cabins again. No repeat of the Incident of '68 please."

"What even happened?" I asked Emma.

She grimaced.

"Trust me, you don't want to know."

"...Know I do."

"No!"

"Astrid!" Zoë barked "No stealing. You are all dismissed for the day until dinner."

I got up from my bunk and was dragged to the basket ball court by Jessica, Evelyn, Phoebe, and Serena.

So that's today's chapter. Hope you have enjoyed it!