Asami

The cafeteria is probably one of the only good places here in this school. Though it gets quite loud, the food is simple and the decor plain, it's fun being here with my friends most of the time. When we are all actually here like today.
"Wait so you have a game tomorrow?" Kai asks.
"Since when?"

I peer away from my book, I can't remember Jinora telling us about an upcoming match.
"Relax it's only a friendly." She says.
"Korra set it up last night, she told us that we needed some practice."

"Isn't that what training is for? To practice."

"Well yes but this is different, we're playing against other people. It's better." Jinora explains, I guess she does have a point. Practicing in game situations would be a lot better.

Wu smiles at the girl.
"I'll be there." Opal nods in agreement.

Kai gives Jinora a small peck on the cheek. I don't even know how long those have been dating but they've been inseperable ever since.
"You know I'll be there." He says making her giggle. How cute.
"Do you know who it's against?"

Jinora shook her head.
"I don't know the name but, it's some other school up north."

I don't know many schools up north. I wonder if they're good or not. Suddenly, Jinora looks at me. No, she looks behind me and upwards.
"Oh hey Korra."

I freeze and keep my eyes forward, why is she here?
"Hey, I don't think I'm coming to training after school. Could you take over for me please?" Korra asks. I wonder what she's up to, if she's missing training then it must be important. Not like I care anyway.

Jinora raises a brow.
"Are you busy or something?"

It seems like Korra ponders for a bit, I can hear her feet shuffling behind me over all the chattering in the cafeteria.
"Yeah, a little busy. I just won't be able to make it."

"Alright, I'll take over. You know Beifong won't be happy about this." Jinora says and Korra laughs nervously.

"I know. Anyways thanks, you're a life saver." And with that she walks away to go sit down at her table across the room.

I then realised how tense I was and let myself relax, exhaling a little louder than expected.
"Why do you hate her so much?" Jinora asks with a giggle. She knows how much korra irritates me but shes sworn to keep her mouth shut, the last thing I want is the whole school to hate me as much as I hate Korra. I like not being centre of attention, it's peaceful. And Korra... she's literally worshipped in this place.

I roll my eyes and hide myself in my book, trying to concentrate on each and every word as I read.
"Why do you like her so much?"

"Korra is actually really nice once you get to know her." Jinora tells me. Yeah right.
"She's a good Captain. She keeps the team together."

"She's still annoying."

Jinora sighs, signalling that she's probably going to give up pressing me. I have my reasons.
"Are you coming to watch the game tomorrow?"

I look up from the pages and give her a glance.
"Of course I will." I wouldn't just bail on my friend because some idiot plays on the same team. Soon the bell rings and lunch was offically over. I say goodbye to my friends and continue my way through the halls.

As I picked up my bag I remembered the small plaster at the end of my finger, it was slightly peeling off but it could last a couple more hours I guess. I managed to cut myself on the engine yesterday with my mum. Nothing major where I'll have to be rushed into hosipital, unless the fumes from the car actually managed to seep in there then I'd be in trouble. But no, just a small graze that's all. Also my dad was right, the car really is busted. Not that it's a problem though, we do have another.