39. Dern

𝓓𝓮𝓻𝓷•~❉᯽❉~•

𝓓𝓮𝓻𝓷
•~❉᯽❉~•

"I wish Jungkook oppa could be my personal coach. It's so sad that his nationals are actually coming up. Can he really not spend some time with me like he did with Jimin oppa?" Nancy whined. Mina rolled her eyes at her.

"He has focus more on personal training now. I will be your coach for the rest of your training," Mr. Hwang said.

"But you are no fun," she muttered under her breathe. She walked down and sat at bench Mina sat on. Mina huffed and got up sharply from the bench.

"Unnie," Mina stopped in her tracks when Nancy's voice came. "You seem upset. Is something wrong?"

"Why do you ask?" Mina turned around sporting a fake smile on her lips.

"You just seem to be in a bad mood when I'm around," Nancy batted her eyelids.

"It's nothing like that. Get back to practice," she said sporting her another best fake smile.

"Unnie, you know I'm an actress right? I can tell when people are acting," she smiled. Mina's brows knitted together as anger fumed out of her.

"I think you just crossed a line now," she tried not to yell.

"I'm sorry," Nancy got up and bowed. Mina was confused. "You seem like a really nice person can I tell you a secret?" she sounded sincere.

"I'm not interested in your secrets. I'm sorry," Mina turned around. Nancy held her hand.

"I think I might die of guilt if I don't," she smiled through tears. Mina didn't know what to do. Should she comfort her or should she ask her to leave her alone? It was confusing so she just stood there. Mina gave in and sat on the bench.

"To be honest I'm not interested in Jungkook oppa. I don't have any slightest idea of stealing him away from you. I did that for selfish reasons," she chuckled. Not a cheerful one. Mina was listening.

"I only did that so that I might get fired for the rumours that might fly after people notice that I got close with Jungkook oppa," she said.

"Isn't that too harsh? You should think about Jungkook too. How dare you!" Mina was shaking with anger.

"I know. That is why I couldn't. I hate acting and I hate being a celebrity. All my life I was praised for the good looks and pretty face. It was so suffocating when people crowd around me and look at me like I'm an animal for exhibit," she sniffled followed by a laugh.

"If you hate something so much why would you consider a career in that?"

"I don't have a choice because I'm scared of my mother. She is the one who wants this for me. This is not the first drama I was casted in. I ruined every opportunity and when I realised that my mother isn't going to stop I thought I needed to do something strong for this to stop forever. I'm sorry Unnie. It was childish of me," tears ran down her cheeks.

"It's not the best thing to do but since you realised it, it was good. It tells that you are not on the wrong path. If you don't like it, I don't know how hard it is but you have to tell your mother," she put her hand on Nancy's. "Don't live the life you are going to regret," she smiled.

Nancy nodded. "Thank you for listening. I really needed someone to talk to about this. You are so kind," she looked at with teary eyes.

"No thank yourself for not becoming a poison for yourself and others," Mina tapped on her hand and stood up.

"Hey!" Jungkook hugged Mina from behind.

"Sweaty," Mina scrunched her nose as Jungkook rubbed his sweat all over her.

"Get used to it," he winked.

"Nancy, you should really quit playing around and get back to practicing," Jungkook said, putting hands on his hips.

"Don't worry about me oppa. I'm quitting," she smiled as she rose from the bench. Jungkook froze and stood stunned.

"Quitting!" Mina and Jungkook said in unison. Nancy smiled and nodded.

"Yes, I'll drop around when I can," she said and walked to the exit. A smile crept on Mina's face. She wished she knew Nancy better while she was still around.

🦋

Ever since we came back from the trip to Jeong Gyu's home, I couldn't help but keep thinking about Jimin. He is finally at ease that everything is settled now but he is still broken inside. He is fragile and needs care. I wish my exams are over soon so that I can visit him often.

I was walking down the corridor after finishing my exam. My mind still wavered by Jimin. He has got a bit busy lately so I guessed it was fine as long as his mind is occupied.

"Byeol!"

My train of thoughts were disturbed when I heard Bomi's voice. I mentally cursed her in my mind. What does she have to do with me now. It's getting annoying. I took a deep breathe and turned around.

"Can I talk to you in private?"

She took me to the deserted place in the university. It's has been deserted for a while now. Earlier students used to come around here for all kinds of dirty work but now no one just comes.

"I'm sorry for being mean. I want to apologise for not understanding your precious relationship. You deserve Jimin and I'm sorry for spreading rumours. It was so childish. I will become a better person from now on," she said.

"What's this all of sudden? Another joke or your sick plots?" I asked.

"No, I am really ashamed of myself. Jimin doesn't belong to all of us. Just because we are fans doesn't mean we own him," she pursed her lips. "I won't expect you to forgive me so I'll just apologize and leave," she said and started to walk away.

"Why is she acting strange? Something feels off," I knitted my brows and pouted my lips lightly. I started walking, million things running in my mind along with this.

My body froze and my brain went into panic mode when I felt something creep on my face. I tried to grab the person to flip them over but whoever it was, was a pro. I couldn't scream because they were blocking my mouth and I tried to wave at Bomi who was walking away.

Before I could do anything else my body started to touch the ground and my eyes started to droop.

"Jimin..."

My body fell on the ground with a thud.

Hii! Enjoyed this week update? Thanks for reading. Votes and comments are appreciated along with Kofi donations. uwu