🌙32| Reflections

Lowering the sharp edge of the kitchen knife on my wrist, his eyes widened in surprise. "Since I'm the only one who knows of the location of those spell books, I'll send it to the grave. I'm not going to let more people become victims!"

As he extended his hand to stop me, I took two steps back shaking my head. "Don't. Don't come near me!" Distressed with my reaction, he was hesitant to stay back according to my demand. Instead, after I took a step back, he moved closer too. "Don't. Listen to me first. I have an important reason. But you misunderstood my intentions."

Swallowing a gulp, he tried to move his hand forward to try and take the knife from me. "I'll not be lenient with you if you come closer!"

After realizing that I wasn't going to listen the convincing way, he rolled his tongue with a sigh. "Let's talk this out. You can decide after hearing me out. Please." When my eyes fell in contemplation, I looked up again still unconvinced.

  "Why should I trust your words?"

"Because you have to. I won't let you take your life." I didn't want to break down and let him take advantage of my weakness. But when I looked into his eyes, my adamancy seemed to have vanished completely. Unable to ignore his request, I slowly nodded.

Resting my back over the sink area, I pursed my lips holding out the knife in case he acted likewise. "What did you want to say?" He turned to the knife in my hands before lifting his head.

  "It's true that I've been in contact with him, but only four days ago, when Tricia died. But I have nothing to do with him. Just put the knife down and I'll explain everything to you." As I glared into his eyes, I let out a scoff. "This? Is it because he needs me alive to get the spell books?" He quickly run his fingers down his hair, shaking his head.

  "Just listen! I'm not working for him. I don't know who told you that, but I'm not. You have to trust me-" I turned around when I heard my phone beep. "I'm coming over. The address is correct, right?" From Catherine. Taking advantage of my absentmindedness, he tried to take the knife from me.

  Acting swiftly, I pulled the knife back. When he tried to arrest me in his arms and stop me from slitting my wrist, I closed my eyes and stabbed him. His eyes wavered when he felt the cold metal penetrate though his lower abdomen. Stepping back z a tear fell over my cheek feeling his blood on my hands.

  My hands started to tremble as he moved back holding his tears. When he attempted to talk, blood spurted from his pale lips with melancholy and shock lurking over his flickering eyes.

   "I-I...What did I just do?" I muttered tearing up. With his blood dripping over the tiled floor, his hands moved up to cover his wound, falling on his knees.  I lowered my eyes to check myself but my hands were stained with his blood. His blood dripped from the sharp metal to the edge, before falling on the floor. Shaking, I watched him fall on hus knees, losing blood from the open wound.

"I told you not to come closer!" Sobbing, I took several steps back shaking my head. For the first time in my life, I had stabbed someone. I killed someone. I killed the man I loved so much. Dropping the knife on the floor, it clinked until it settled flat down.

My eyes widened in shock as I watched his eyes grow dim by every passing minute. Looking into my eyes, he tried to talk despite coughing blood. I closed my eyes and shook my head persistently.

"S-Save him," he mumbled. Hearing his plea, my eyes opened quickly. With a last deep breath, he slowly collapsed on the floor, thumping over his knees. Confused and unable to watch him die, I wiped my tears with my arm and rushed to hold him up. "S-Save Dexter," he repeated pouting blood at each mutter.