The Art of Submission

Tw: language

"Wilbur! Tommy!" I yelled, trying to get someone, anyones attention. Wilbur ran out of his office, almost tripping down the stairs. His face went white as a ghost when his eyes fixated on me. Then he took off in a run, which surprised me. He doesn't run often. This caught the attention of Fundy, who was working nearby. Fundy cocked his head at the scene.

"Blaze! Are you okay? What happened?" Wilbur grabbed my hand, looking at the cut wound.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." I pulled my hand away, slightly guilted by how much he believed I was truly hurt. "Here." I reached in my pocket and pulled out the note.

"Blaze?" I heard Tommy's voice. He stumbled out of the bunkroom, Tubbo following groggily.

"What is this?" Wilbur asked.

"I don't know... Dream gave it to me." I said honestly. Wilburs face shot up, and he looked like he might murder someone.

"He what? Did he do this to you?" Wilbur was cut short by Tommy.

"Blaze! What happened?" He asked, grabbing my injured hand. I pulled it away, suddenly feeling angry.

"It's fine, really!" I said harshly. Then I realized I was taking my anger out on Tommy, when it was really directed towards myself. Thank god he didn't notice, being too focused on his wounds.

"Did Dream do this to you?" Tubbo asked, appearing out of nowhere. Then I noticed Wilbur had opened the sheet of paper. My eyes widened as I read the title.

Declaration of War.

-------------------

Before I could read any further, Fundy took me away to bandage me up. He didn't ask questions, which was one of the things I admired about him. He knew when to speak, and when not to. After Fundy was finished, Tommy came barreling in.

"Blaze, Fundy. Wilbur is going to read what the green bastard wrote in front of everyone." Then he ran out of the room. I pushed myself up and made my way outside, followed by Fundy. Everyone stood in the clearing, facing the small stage Wilbur stood on. Tubbo fiddled with his fingers, Tommy looked pissed off, Niki looked fearful, and Eret sat on the floor.

His expression was calm. Not the kind of calm you would like to see... the kind that suggested he had already recited whatever the parchment said a million times over in the mirror. This made me sigh, for I was fearful of what he was up to.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, more concerned about what the paper even said. Nik looked the most worried of the group, so I joined her near the front.

"Are you alright?" She asked me quickly, an alarmed tone. My guilt levels rose by the second.

"I'm alright, really." I reassured her. She nodded, looking back to the stage.

"I can't believe they would do something like this." She murmured, barely loud enough for me to hear. I nodded in agreement, being cut off by Wilbur.

"Hello, citizens of L'Manberg." He greeted everyone. 2 hoots and hollers echoed in the crowd, coming from Tubbo and Tommy. Wilbur didn't seem to notice. "Today, on November 28th, Dream had threatened us." Nik let out a small gasp. "I will be reading to you exactly what he wrote." A long pause as he unraveled the paper once again. "Dear citizens of L'Manchildberg," I flinched, realizing it was the same nickname Dream had used the other day. "We are at war. There is no mercy. We have threatened your citizens, we have injured your folk. There is currently TNT being placed near your land." Nik gasped again, I grabbed her hand to reassure her. "We have no mercy. No mercy for anyone within those walls. We will burn down your foolish country to the ground and kill everyone and everything within the walls. We will take back the land that is rightfully ours. I want to see white flags outside your walls. White flags, by Friday, or you are all dead!" Gasps echoed in the crowd, this time not just from Niki. I froze up, almost falling over if Nik's body hadn't been there.

"Now, citizens of L'Manberg." Wilbur emphasized the name of our country. "We will not take this threat lightly. Tell me, does anyone want to yield to that green dictator?" A long pause of silence. "If you do, there is the door." He pointed to the drawbridge. I turned, scanning my eyes around the crowd. No one moved. "Because trust me when I say, we will win back our independence. I will not rest until we free ourselves of these dictators, and L'Manberg is named a country once again!" His words made me smile, I have to admit. This is my favorite thing about Will. "We will never surrender! We will stand strong and fight till our dying breathes if it means we can have independence!" Cheers from the crowd. I gave him a few claps.

"We will take back L'Manberg!" He said one last thing, standing tall on the podium. The cheering grew louder. Wilbur smiled happily. He could make his citizens feel any amount of cheerfulness. Maybe Will even had hope.

Deep down, I knew this was a losing battle.

A/N

300 reads! This honestly makes me so happy, thanks to all of you!

Just reached 40k words in the second book, it's a lot of fun!

Hoping you all are having a great weekend, by for now!

Word count: 901