Hands off

C H A P T E R       F I V E

C H A P T E R F I V E

They went on to discuss boring stuff like securing ammo and how many lives were lost this month.

They went through every recruit and every invoice and after listening in on plenty of my fathers business chats I was seriously losing the will to live.

Finally Ace called the meeting, dismissing everyone. I leaned over the table and started collecting the dirtied glasses.

A large hand slapped my backside and gave it a hard squeeze, I almost jumped three feet into the air.

Call it natural instinct but I swirled around faster than my dark hair could keep up and slapped him across the face with the metal drinks tray that I was holding.

All guys immediately pulled out their guns but the one I hit sat clutching the redness of his cheek, utterly shell shocked.

Ace raised his hands at his men and they reluctantly lowered their weapons. His jaw ticked in frustration and his breathing became deeper, trying to remain a handle on his calm. Ace stood up and paced the room a couple of times, everyone watching him in pure silence. He pulled an axe off the wall and ran his finger across the blades edge.

I wasn't coming out of this alive.

"Do you think you're a precious gem?" Ace questioned me, batting the handle of his axe backwards and forwards in his hand.

"I -" I didn't know what to say.

I was stood in a room with his best men playing on the enemy team. Each man had a gun and wanted to place a shiny, neat bullet right between my eyes. On one hand I could keep up the facade, pretend to be sheepish and innocent. On the other hand - if I'm going to die anyway I can blow my cover and go down fighting.

"You belong to me. You are mine. The only thing you get to keep is your anonymity. In my club you treat my men with respect." He stepped behind me and placed his hand around my throat tipping my head backwards. With his other hand he highered his axe and I closed my eyes, preparing myself for fight or flight. "Unless of course, they are not worthy of your respect." He slipped the axe into my hand and I opened my eyes looking down at the weapon.

Ace moved himself over to the table and grabbed the guys hand he slammed it down flat against the table and held it in place.

"Boss, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. She looked like she wanted it." the guy started pleading. I looked at the heavy axe in my hand and the scene playing out in front of me.

"Go ahead, slice his fucking hand off Red." I raised the axe into the air and took a deep breath, ignoring the begging falling out of the perverts mouth.

In that moment adrenaline rushed through my veins, giving me super strength and excitement burst through my rib cage in the form of a pounding heart. I threw my entire body strength into this one hit, ensuring I made a deep, neat slice right through his bone.