18

Two things I have never been prepared in my life.

1. Seeing fictional characters as such werewolves come to reality

2. Witnessing a whole bloodied werewolves' fight

Never in my life I have thought that one day I would watch the scene which is now, unfolding in front of me. When the rogue holding me, saw Rudolf's wolf, he pushed me towards him to flee. But due to his wolfy senses, Rudolf dodged my body before I could have smashed on him and jumped over to pin the guy holding me down before tearing his flesh with his canines.

I watch in horror with wide eyes, lungs forgetting how to breathe.

A whine was the last sound which had been heard from the wolf before he slumps down, death. I look around as snarling and growling voices grow louder. The other wolves of the pack had fought off the remaining rogues, leaving only one who was barely alive.

I jump back when a strong but firm hand grasps my wrist and turns my around. On instinct, I tug my arm and body away but give up on the fight when Rudolf's eyes pins me with his eyes.

His brows pinch as a frown takes over his face while examining my arms. I look down myself to see the damage.

"Well shit" I murmur, looking at my torn skins and the bleeding.

"This needs to get cleaned and disinfected. We don't know what infection these rogues could be carrying", Rudolf murmurs with slight agitation in his voice as he looks at the cuts on my skin. Before I can speak or move, he bends down and lifts me up in his arms, making me gasp.

My heart skips a beat at his action.

What have I told you about functioning properly, heart? Stop this skipping!

"Put me down this instant!" I claim, wiggling my body to get away but that only makes him to tighten his hold.

"Be still", he growls, leaning down before starting to walk back to the path, which I assume, leads us back to the pack area.

"This is outrageous! I can walk on my own." Sighing, he looks down at me while still walking, navigating without any problem like he knows the direction by heart.

But what throws me off, is the way he looks at me. Gone the mischievous look from his eyes as he stares at me with a soft and tender look.

I gulp down, suddenly it has become hard to breath. I have noticed he has this effect on me which I can not shake off. Nobody has ever had the strength to render me speechless before he came into my life.

"For once, Miracle, please let me take care of you." He requests in a soft tone.

Maybe it's the way his eyes look down at me or the way his voice caress over me softly but I stop fighting. I stop my attempts to get away from his arms and for once in my life, I let it go.

I blame this on the injuries... maybe the rogues were indeed infected and the infection got to my head, making me soft puddle.

That's right. Not me....

"Are they all dead?" I ask while closing my eyes, my head leaning on his chest as he carries me. I feel his muscle relax, obviously sensing that I am not going to fight his head off. For now.

"All except for one. We need to investigate and ask him for answer." He answers, calmly.

"More like torture for answers." I interject.

I can hear amusement in his voice when he replies, "yes more like that".

"Okay", I respond.

"Are you not bothered by that?" He asks, making me snap my eyes open and look at his feature. He glanced down at me before looking ahead again.