xxv. little taste of heaven

The guys had only been gone for an hour, and yet it had felt like 10 to Aurora

She was sat in the living room, cross-legged on the floor with Lois. She had moved more times than she could count.

"Rory, they're going to be fine," Lois tried to reassure her. "They've done this plenty of times."

"I'm trying," She told her sister. "I just don't like it."

Aurora continued to fidget, trying to do anything to distract her for the next few hours.

"Oh my gods Rory!" Lois exclaimed. "You're like a child."

"You're like a child." Aurora echoed. But Lois just shot her an unimpressed look. "Sorry." She muttered, standing up to join her sister on the sofa.

"It's alright. Now plait my hair." Lois told her.

Aurora smiled at her twin's pathetic attempt to try and distract her, but started brushing through Lois' hair with her fingers anyway.

"Any particular reason as to why you're so nervous?" Lois asked her.

"No," Aurora lied, but Lois stayed quiet, hoping to coax the rest out of her. "I mean... I don't know." She gave in.

"You 'don't know'?"

"Yes I don't know," Aurora scowled, separating one side of her sister's hair into three different strands. "How long has he not had a job for?" She asked, moving the subject slightly.

"He's had a few odd jobs, here and there, but nothing ever lasted for more than six months." Lois explained.

"That's terrible," Aurora commented. "Are those all muggle jobs?"

"Yeah, no employer wants to hire a werewolf in the first place. Especially after the war."

"Is anyone trying to change that?" Aurora had finished the french plait on one side, and moved to the next.

"Not many, and it's only werewolves really," Her sister told her. "There are protests, but not many people go to them."

"What if...," Aurora trailed off, unsure about her thought. "What if someone who wasn't a werewolf tried to?"

"And how would you do that?" Lois asked, curious.

"I'm not sure. I guess you would have to start by getting an audience with the department for regulation and control of magical creatures."

"Are you thinking of doing that?" Lois turned back to face her twin, now that her hair was finished.

"I mean, I would have to get Remus' permission—I don't want to do it behind his back." Aurora confessed.

"And you're going to do all of this...for Remus?"

"I remember how smart he was in school," She told her. "He was always getting high grades, and worked hard for them too, not letting his lycanthropy stop him."