Chapter Seventy-One

Chapter Seventy-One - The Morning Of...

*Genevieve*

Sighing irritability, I shake off my annoyance and walk up to the door. Quickly knocking and listening as someone shuffled towards the door.

"Hello, Mr. Swan," I say, smiling at him as he awkwardly motions me inside.

"You're here for Bella, right?" He asks, anxiously scratching the back of his head as he watched me nod. "Uh- I think she's packing a bag... Bells?! Someone's here for you!" He turned back towards me and gave me another awkward smile, "she should be down in a minute."

We both fall silent as we both wait for Bella to make her grand appearance. Charlie clears his throat as he continued to look around the room, obviously trying to stay calm as the minutes grew closer and closer to his daughter's wedding day.

"Sorry! Sorry! I was trying to make sure that I had every-"

"You look horrible," I cut in, looking over her disheveled appearance. She rolled her eyes as she swung her bag over her shoulder and started towards the door, pausing to talk to her dad. "I'll- um, meet you at the car."

I nod and make my way out of the house, giving Charlie a nod as I passed him.

______________________

"Get ready, Alice has gone absolutely bonkers," I warn, opening the door and gently pushing Bella forward.

"Finally! Do neither of you know what a schedule is?! I specifically made sure that you both knew how important it is that we keep to. the. schedule!" Alice screeched, her hands flying around as she marched over towards Bella, dragging her towards the chair and looking her over with a careful eye. "What did I say about beauty sleep?"

Bella chuckled as she gently shook her head, nervously fiddling with her robe as she watched Alice gently apply makeup onto her face. "Sorry. Bad dream... wedding jitters."

Alice sends her a little smirk as she continues to dab on the makeup. All three of us turn our heads as Rose walks in, her heels clicking on the wood floors.

"Do you need some help?" She offers, looking from Bella to Alice, "I could do her hair."

Bella lets out a little chuckle as she looks up at Rose, still believing that she still completely hates her. "Really?"

Rose drops her head as she lets out her own chuckle, making her way to Bella and gently fiddling with her long dark locks. "Please. I'm not offended by your choice of groom..."

"Just my blatant lack of respect for mortality..." Bella finishes.

Rose pauses, looking up and meeting Bella's gaze through the mirror, a hint of a smirk appearing on her face. "Essentially."

Alice was practically bursting at the seams at their interaction, pulling Rose into a side hug as she looked at all three of them in the mirror, with a proud smile. "Weddings. They bring everyone together!"

______________________

After a few hours, Bella had successfully snacked on some crackers without smudging her makeup, and Rose had just about finished her hair. Pinning it all up in a simple, yet still complicated, updo.

I had slipped away to go get dressed, knowing that there wasn't much time left and feeling confident that Rose and Alice could continue getting Bella ready without me, not that I was doing much. Alice had promptly sat me on the end of the bed and handed me a curling iron.