32

It's been a few days since that day. I haven't left the house besides going on a walk with my dogs. Darius also joined but it's whatever. At least I got to go on a walk. I just wasn't allowed to get into a car or leave the premises without an adult. It's alright, I could care less about that.

I was currently getting ready for a dinner that I apparently had to attend. Everybody else was also getting ready. When I blurted out their mafia, that meant I had to participate in events too. Stupid? I know.

"Addison? You ready?" Adrian asks, coming into my room.

"Sure." I say, looking down at my outfit. We walk downstairs and go into the kitchen. Dante handed me two pain killers and a glass of water. "Do I have to take these?"

"Do you want to be in pain all night?" I sigh heavily and grab them. "Didn't think so."

"Fuck off." I mutter. I swallowed them. "Happy?"

"Very." I rolled my eyes. He smiled at me and I glared at him.

"Why do I have to go to this event?"

"Well, because you would've stayed home, but considering someone wants you dead, you're participating." Darius says.

"Where's your sling?" Chase asks, coming into the room. Dante looked at my arm.

"I'm not wearing that stupid thing. Your not making me wear that stupid thing." I say, annoyed. Leo came in and handed it to me. "No. I don't want to wear it. My arm is fine. Perfectly fine."

Adrian came over and touched my shoulder. I winced.

"Ow!" I say, stepping away from him.

"Put it on, Addison." Marcus says. I rolled my eyes and carefully put it on.

"Okay, there. Can we leave now?" I say, annoyed.

"Yes. Maxim is also coming."

"Why?" I whine. "Can't I stay home? With someone babysitting me? That would be so much fun then going to this stupid dinner."

"Oh well. You complained about getting out of the house, and your finally doing it. Now your complaining about leaving. It's one or the other, Addison." Chris says, annoyed. I sigh.

"Fine, but I want ice cream or a milkshake. Wait, I want both. And spaghetti." I say, my eyes lighting up.

"We'll see. Let's go."

"Rude." I mutter.

--

We walk into the restaurant. I was in the middle. Everybody was either beside, front or in the back of me. It fucking sucked but I didn't say shit about it.

We went into one of the private rooms.

"You better get me ice cream, after this." I mutter.

Everybody parted their ways and I rolled my eyes.

"So, good to see you again, Dante." One of the people we were meeting said. I sat down next to Adrian and closed my eyes. He nudged me and I looked at him.

"What?" I mutter.

"Have you ever been to one of these meetings before?"

"Sure." I say, shrugging my shoulders making my right shoulder start hurting.

I've been to plenty of these meetings before but he didn't need to know that. I didn't care if I disrespected any of these people. They couldn't do shit. Everybody who knows I was the boss, knew better to disrespect me. One dude did it, he's now 6 ft under.

"You can't disrespect these people. You will get more enemies." I rolled my eyes. "Dude, I'm serious."

"I know, Adrian but I could care less."

"Addison, how are you feeling?" Matteo said, making me look at the people.

"I'm doing good. Besides the fact my shoulder is busted and some other things." I muttered the last part but I know they could still hear it. I looked at the people and saw we were meeting with the Garcia family. Maxim sat down on the other side of me and I looked at him. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I didn't say anything and stopped staring at him.

"I was sad to hear what happened, Addison." Vanessa says, sadly. "But I'm glad to see you're doing alright."

I was far from alright. I wasn't even fine but I wasn't about to tell them that. I don't need people in my secrets.

"What happened?" Another person asks.

"Addison got into a car crash. Nobody was hurt besides a few bruises." Maxim explained.

That family was from the English mafia. The 3 biggest mafia. The Garia's are 2nd. Dante was the 1st. Whereas my mafia is the biggest out of all of them. It's like the mother of them all. That one is number 1 but we don't talk about it.

"Oh." They say, looking at me.

His wife was looking at me until realization crossed her features. I put my finger up to my lips, to make sure she doesn't say anything. She nods and I smiled. Maxim watched our interaction but didn't say anything.

I leaned back in my seat. I was bored. When I'm bored, things happen. The waitress came in and took our orders.

A light conversation took over, while we all waited for our food.

"How are you feeling?" Maxim asks, quietly. I look at him.

"Feel fine. Why?"

"Just curious." I rolled my eyes. "Addison."

"Whatever. What's Elijah doing today?"

"Work." I nod.

"Of course he is. That's all he ever does." I mutter.

"He's trying, Addison. You know how it eats him up when he feels bad about something."

"I don't care, Maxim." He sighs.

The night was alright. I got a milkshake on our way home. No problems occurred. Nobody knows I got shot which is a yay. I don't need the news spreading around.