XVII

^ said attire I will be referring too xx
___________________________________

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ is that?!" Enrica exclaimed as soon as she stepped into my room the next day. The horrified expression made me want to laugh, or cry considering the thing that disgusted her so much was on me.

"It's a dress." Florentina answered. That was one word for it. Enrica looked like her eyes were about to burst out.

Considering all the luscious and expensive gowns Florentina wore, this was certainly far from what I was picturing when Enrica told me she was picking my dress.

The whole thing was yellow and made from layers and layers of tulle ruffling the skirt. All different types of bright yellow flowers were sewed to one side of the dress and the neckline of the bodice with an even more ridiculous flower and bow pinned to by left.

And that was only the half of it.

There were yellowed gloved to matched, yellow shoes with red and blue butterflies, and a yellow flower crown that went on top of my voluminous updo. Apparently, a flower crown is what the soulmate of an heir wears because tiaras are reserved for princesses and daughters of the nobility and I was none of those things.

My hair was put into some ludicrous hairdo with curls falling down and pearls pinned in, the crown managed to rest on top and it made me look like a clown.

"Mama, I understand our fashion sense differs many times but this..." she gestured to her black, chiffon gown. "Is a dress. That..." she gestured to me. "Is an overdecorated lemon cake."

"Oh, hush." Florentina waved a hand at her daughter. "Yellow is all the rage at the moment, and since when was big hair not a fashion statement. Besides, we want all the attention to be on Amelie."

"Oh, the attention will sure be on her, alright. She looks like a cheese board drowned in custard!"

"Enrica!" Florentina snapped. "Will you stop with your consistent dramatics and lower your tone? I know what I'm doing."

Enrica widened her eyes at me in frustration and I tried to smile, but it didn't quite reach my eyes. I looked down at Pevensie who fluffed the skirt and the cringe on her face let me know that Enrica was completely right.

I did look like an overdecorated lemon cake.

"Now, how's about we see how well it moves." Florentina decided, gesturing me to get off the stand and walk around. I attempted to move but my heels slipped on the fabric and I fell. Luckily, Pevensie was there to catch me and guided me to the middle of the room.

I stumbled as I walked but the Queen didn't take notice. "Doesn't it look so pretty in the light?" she smiled gleefully.

"Yes..." Enrica struggled to get out. "Very.... Radiant."

"I remember my Coming Out Ball." Florentina reminisced with a doe-eyed smile. "I was so nervous but as soon as I saw Armando, I knew everything would be perfect. And it was!"

"Here we go." Enrica rolled her eyes.

"We danced all night long and when my feet gave up on dancing, we talked by the fountain. I was so scared because I was the only human there at the time, but he made sure that I felt as comfortable as possible. I couldn't believe how I had met such a perfect man. That was the first night we made love -"