22 || broken arm snapback

You nearly fell down the entire flight of stairs in your haste to get to the first floor of the house, to get to Eddie. Bill made it there first, shoving the door open as he ran in with you and Richie in tow.

"Eddie!" Richie shouted, but he went deadly silent once he saw the sight before you.

The clown from Bill's garage was kneeling down on the floor, its hand gripping a terrified Eddie's face so tightly it looked like it was going to leave a bruise. It turned its head to look over at the three over you menacingly as Richie let out a "Holy shit. Eddie!"

Your heart hammered against your ribcage uncontrollably, and you held onto Bill's arm for both comfort and safety as Richie grabbed yours.

"This isn't real enough for you, Billy? I'm not real enough for you?" the clown asked mockingly, twisting its mouth into an exaggerated frown.

"Oh, shit," Richie said.

"It was real enough for Georgie," it taunted.

The clown laughed derisively before lunging at the three of you, its yellow eyes flashing and sharp teeth bared.

"Holy shit!" Richie screamed, ducking his head and squeezing his eyes shut tightly in anticipation of the attack. You were about to do the same thing when you saw a sudden blur of movement to your left.

Beverly ran into the room with some sort of spear in her hand, immediately moving to plunge the sharp weapon directly into the clown's right eye so deeply that it came out of the left side of its face. A gasp escaped from your mouth at the horrific sight, and the blood that began floating upward in the air.

Beverly hurriedly stepped backward, moving as far away from the clown as possible as it began wailing loudly. She made her way over to where you, Bill, and Richie were standing.

By this point, Mike, Ben, and Stanley had also entered the room, horror-stricken looks on each of their faces.

"Get Eddie!" you, Bill, and Richie all instructed Beverly before the four of you ran over to where he was lying on the floor propped up against a table. He screamed in panic as you all clamored around him, you and Bill on his left and Richie and Beverly on his right. All of you knelt down to meet Eddie's height except for Beverly, who remained standing, gripping the top of the back of Richie's shirt.

The clown emitted a deep growl and Richie screeched, "Oh, fuck! We gotta get out of here!" It continued its animalistic growling as it turned back around to face the four of you.

"Get Eddie. Let's go!" Bill yelled.

"Guys, watch out!" Richie warned.

"No, no, no, no!" Eddie was frantic with his shouts.

"Eddie, look at me!" Richie grabbed his face and turned his head toward him in an attempt to distract him, but Eddie's eyes were still trained on the clown.

"He's gonna get us! Guys! No!" he screamed hysterically as sharp yellow claws protruded from the clown's gloves. It appeared that underneath them, the clown's skin was a disgusting shade of dark gray.

It lunged at the four of you and you all screamed, with Beverly getting caught off-guard and letting go of Richie's shirt, moving to stand against the wall beside the table. The clown laughed maniacally at the chaos that ensued just from its simple movement, then abruptly ducked and turned its head left, causing the spear to slice right through Ben's stomach.

"Ben!" you and Bill yelled in unison as said boy fell into Mike's arms.

"Ben!" Richie yelled a moment later, too caught up in his shock at the scene unfolding before him and too concerned about Eddie's well-being.

The clown then groaned loudly, no longer laughing or growling and seemingly out of energy. It began to retreat out the door that you, Bill, and Richie had entered through, moving backward in slow, sluggish movements.

"Let's get out of here!" Richie shouted as soon as it was out of sight, his hands still on Eddie's face.

Bill stood up from beside you, eyes trained on where the clown had exited. "Don't let him get away!" he demanded before following after it, causing all of you to shout at him frantically to come back and not be stupid.

With how much you'd yelled today, you were certain that your voice would be unbelievably sore later on.

In any other scenario, you wouldn't hesitate to go after him to make sure that he was safe and not endangering himself, but you had more pressing matters at hand. Eddie's arm was broken and bending at a painfully awkward angle and an unnaturally large amount of blood was seeping out of the lengthy gash on Ben's stomach.

Beverly moved from where she was standing to kneel down beside Richie before shouting, "Bill, we have to help Eddie!"

Eddie didn't seem to want any help, though, if his frantic screams of "No!" were anything to go by. Bill rushed back through the door to kneel down next to you again.

"I'm gonna snap your arm into place," Richie told Eddie, and you felt your heart stop, your hand grabbing onto Bill's arm once more.

"Rich, do not fucking touch me!" Eddie warned, his voice shrill. "Do not touch me!"

Ignoring him, Richie began to count to three.

"Okay, one—"

"Holy shit!" Beverly yelled in disbelief of what was about to happen.

"Two—"

"Richie, I don't really think—" you began in an attempt to get him to rethink what he was about to do.

"Three!"

Richie snapped Eddie's arm upward, causing his bones to crack loudly and Eddie to let out a guttural scream.

—————

a/n: i wrote chapters 20, 21, and 22 all in the course of one night, from 3 AM to around 9 AM because i couldn't sleep and i was in a writing mood. i hope that you guys enjoy the three chapter update!

also, i'd just like to say that no, there is not going to be anything romantic going on between you and bill. your relationship is strictly platonic! however, i'm actually hopelessly in love with both him and stanley, which is why i sometimes write in moments with bill, even though this is a stanley book haha!

anyway, keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter— bill and richie's fight!