Decoy

C H A P T E R          S E V E N

C H A P T E R S E V E N

The male ego was a fragile thing.

Night after night they touched me. They put their filthy little hands on my breasts, on my ass, they slivered their palms up my thighs and even brushed against my panties.

They simply did not like hearing the word no.

Instantly, on refusal to fuck them they called me names and threatened my life.

But when Ace was here, things were different.

They behaved.

But the thing is, Ace was barely here. Some nights he wouldn't show at all, other nights he would be out in the field and then roll up around five AM when the place was clearing out. Like tonight, he hadn't shown at all.

The atmosphere at the club was lively, drunken men stumbled everywhere. Guns lay scattered and I noted a couple of idiots playing toss with a knife not too long after I arrived.

"Psst, Red?" With hooded eyes I glanced at Adrian, the useless drunk who always passed out before he got the chance to leave.

"What?"

"You seen where I put my gun?" I rolled my eyes and stole the shot glass of vodka from his fingers, knocking it to the back of my throat.

"No."

"Shit." He frantically searched around without making huge efforts to get off his barstool and actually look. "I have to find it before don gets back."

"He's just walked in." I pointed to a man across the room, the same build as Ace, wearing the same kind of expensive black and white suit - just like the ones he wears so well. His dark hair slightly disheveled but not too much, worn in the same style and shade as Ace wears his.

"That's a decoy Red, look." He pointed in different areas around the room and my eyes zoned in on the many variations of Ace. I counted at least eleven. My mind was blown.

"He intentionally hires people that look like him?" I couldn't stop noticing all of his look-a-likes. Why hadn't I seen them before?

"Indeed he does, he has a decoy everything. Decoy people, decoy cars, decoy houses." I sat myself down on the bar stool and looked around in awe, there were about fifteen decoys - no, sixteen - no, seventeen. That was a genius game plan, one the family would be very interested to hear about.

I mean, we had the twins but that was nothing compared to this. My father was extremely excited about the prospect of male twins and created a whole regimen based entirely on their DNA.

"Here." I slammed another drink down on the bar and smiled at him. "Just get drunk, go to sleep like you usually do. It'll be fine." He shrugged off his problems and took the drink.