Part 53

"Beyond thankful."

*

BREAKING NEWS

"Two days ago, around 5:42PM. Four University students were found in the middle of the shabby forest in Seoul, South Korea. Sharp weapons and three guns with bullets scattered around were witnessed at the crime scene. Citizens nearby the area heard several gunshots around 5:24PM at the said place and said that screams of a girl were heard. The students were recognized as Lee Seoyeon, Yoon Jeonghan, Kim Mingyu and Hana Choi. The students are then immediately rushed to the hospital afterwards. Hana Choi is severely injured, head bleeding, body full of bruises and wounds, knee were said to be hit by a pipe two times, she is the only victim to receive such injuries. The police are still investigating the place for futher evidences and the suspect is still unknown." The reporter said.

~

"Let's fly together..."

"Take my hands now.."

"And we shall escape this world of cruelty.."

"And there..."

He smiled and leaned closer to my ear that made my heart flutter.

"You won't feel this pain anymore, and live happily ever after."

I smiled as I turned around, facing him and met his eyes and his sweet, warm smile.

"I won't even hesitate to say Yes."

Everything is so surreal and a tear slipped out of my eyes as I held his hand and we walked happily to the light before us, but... Is this really the end of our lives? Is this how we'll end up? Walking hand in hand and pass through the light?

This can't be the end...

~

My eyes squinted as the bright light hit my eyes, I looked around and saw the white room and the smell of the room played with my nose. I looked at the bedside and saw a woman's angel face that stared at me with worry.

"M-my baby..."

I didn't spoke and just looked at her in confusion.

"My baby, you're awake!" She exclaim in full gladness and a tear slipped out of her eyes as she couldn't help her feelings anymore.

Confused and mindless of what's happening and why is the woman crying, I curled my brows to signal her that I'm unconscious of what's going on, I don't know what's happening and why is she crying, I am not dead at the moment.

"D-doc...? W-why... W-why is she not responding..?" The woman said and a man in a white coat and eyeglasses checked on me and smiled.

"Hello, do you remember anything? Do you perhaps know what's your name?" He asked and I looked around before closing my eyes as I hardly opened my mouth to speak.

"M-my...m-my...—a-ah..." I groaned as I felt my head ached and I held it feeling a plaster on my forehead and my hand wired with this tubes attatched to a machine.

"W-where am I? W-what's going on?"

The woman gasped and covered her mouth as she looked at the doctor just calmly looking at me.