Fight

Chapter 6

After he took me home, I showered and changed into my pajamas. 

I need something sweet. 

I walk down the stairs and open the freezer door. 

Great, no ice cream. 

I open our cupboards and look for something else that may be sweet. 

Nothing. 

As I grab a glass from the cupboard, I hear the floor board creek. I quickly turn around and see Dante hunched over. 

"What the hell!" I set the glass down on the counter. "Are you okay? How did you get in here!" I rush over to him and lead him to sit down on the couch. "Stab wound. You forgot to lock the door." Oh. I really need to start locking the door behind me. 

"I have a first aid kit upstairs, don't move." He nods and leans back. I run up the stairs and into the bathroom. We keep multiple first aid kits because of me. I went through a bit of a skater girl phase, didn't last long. 

I grab one of the kits and walk back down the stairs. 

"Lift your shirt." I say. I am upset. He comes into my home and interrupts my alone time for me to dress a stab wound. A stab wound! "Yes ma'am." He smirks. 

"No dirty jokes. You don't get to make dirty jokes when you may bleed out on my couch." I open the kit and take out an alcohol wipe. "You know what you're doing?" He asks. "Yes." I respond. "Why would you come here if you were unsure I knew what I was doing?" I ask. If I ever get stabbed I think I'd rather go to the hospital then a teenage girls house. 

"I wanted to see you." He says. He's watching every movement I make, like I could kill him at any moment. "You got stabbed. You are bleeding and you wanted to come see me?" He nods. "Nah, just didn't want to get blood in my car." 

I roll my eyes. "Done," I say. "Since I fixed you, are you going to tell me what happened?" He stands up from the couch, towering over me, "Nope." I watch baffled as he walks towards my front door, "Lock it." He says before he leaves. 

I went to sleep after that. If I would have stayed awake any longer I would have went into a deep spiral of my feelings and I'd rather not address them. 

Anara had called me this morning and let me know that it was skip day. They have a lot more skip days at this school then any average school. They also spend their skip days at the beach. 

I changed into my white knit bathing suit before I walked down the stairs. 

I stop on the stairs when I notice my mom is awake. 

Damnit. 

I continue walking down. Maybe she won't notice it's a school day.

"Morning." She says. "Good Morning." I reply. 

I grab a banana from the fruit bowl and peel it.

"Have fun at the beach today." She says with a smile. "What?" I ask. She points to my body. I'm wearing my bathing suit...how dumb. 

"Oh...right." I try my best to laugh it off. "I'm not going to yell at you. It's your senior year, you can spend it how you please." 

I appreciate my mom. She's always very understanding. 

"Thank you." I say and walk out the front door. 

I arrived outside just in time for Anara to pull in front of my house. "Let's go!" Beca screams. "I'm coming!" I run to the car and instantly throw my seatbelt on. I learned my lesson last time. 

The drive to the beach was about two hours long. The scenery was beautiful. 

When we arrive we can barley find parking. There are so many people here it is completely packed. 

There are groups of teenagers in the water playing chicken,  passing out solo cups with liquid contents, and throwing footballs and Frisbees around. 

"Everyone skipped?" I ask the girls as they applied sunscreen. "Only the kids who wanna have fun in life." 

These girls believe that parties are everything in high school and I don't blame them. There are more parties then school hours. 

"Best friend Cam?" I turn around from facing the car and notice Zach sprinting towards me. "Best friend Zachery?" I reply. "I'm surprised to see you here, you don't seem like the skip day type of girl." 

"Looks can be deceiving." I chuckle and give him a wink. I help the girls grab some of the chairs and we all walk down the beach. 

"Hey!" Nolan ran through the sand to greet me. Anyone running through sand kind of makes me chuckle. It just looks silly. "Let me help you carry that." Before I can respond he is taking the chair from my hands. "Oh, you really didn't have to do that..." I reassure him. "It's fine! I got it." 

"If you blink twice I'll save you." Zach whispers in my ear. I lightly slap him with the back of my hand. "So about that coffee-" Nolan begins. "Camille we're going to set the chairs here. Perfect sun rays." Ivy smiles. 

"Camille, if you don't want to go on a date with me all you have to do is say that. I feel like every time I try and talk to you, you try to have your friends save you." Nolan states, pulling me aside from the group. "I'm sorry. I'm just not looking for anything serious right now." I give him a sad smile. 

I do feel bad. Rejection is never easy and that's why I never put myself out there. 

"It doesn't have to be serious then. No dates just sex then." I shake my head. "No, Nolan you're not hearing me correctly." He sighs frustratedly. "Come on, don't be such a prude. Have a little fun!" 

I can see he is getting angry. Why? I don't know. I find it weird when men get angry after rejection. 

"Everything alright?" Dante asks. When did he get here? He really doesn't seem like the beach type. "Bro, leave this one alone. She's a fucking virgin Mary." Nolan spits out as he tries to walk away, but Dante grabs him by the back of his neck and throws his face into the sand. Dante quickly leans down and picks up Nolan's head by his hair, "Speak any way about her again and I'll bury you in this sand." 

I watch in shock as he drops his head once again before he turns to face me. "You okay?" He asks. 

He just dropped Nolan face first into the sand. Nolan is spitting out blood and sand. No one moving, not even me. Dante is still looking at me, waiting for my answer. 

I see why people are scared of him now...maybe the rumors are true. 

"Camille." He takes a step towards me but I step back. He  threatened to kill someone in front of half the town with no care in the world who hears. He rolls his eyes, grabs my hand, and pulls me towards his car. "I can walk!" I scream. 

He opens the passenger side door and waits for me to sit. This is a terrible idea. I sit anyway.

He comes around the car and opens his door. 

This is crazy. I know protective, my mom is protective, but this? I have never experienced anything like this. I jump as he slams his car door shut. 

"You're scared of me now." He declares. I shake my head. I don't think I'm scared of him. I don't know. Maybe I am? I know he wouldn't hurt me, right? 

"No." I say less confident then I intend. He sighs deeply and shakes his head. "I was trying to protect you." I nod. I know he was. "I don't want you to protect me that way. Don't threaten peoples lives for me." 

"It wasn't a threat, it was a promise." He says.