Chapter 52

"This is a dumb idea." Zali grumbled.

"This is a great idea." Vanessa and Sylvia both answered before hi-fiving and grinning at each other.

"No, it's a really dumb idea." Kai added.

"Shut up, you can't see how great it looks." Vanessa snapped.

"Yeah. It's going to be perfect." Sylvia agreed.

Kai and Zali both grumbled in response, knowing they couldn't convince them otherwise.

"Ready?" Sylvia asked.

"She is going to kill you." Kai answered.

"It's just Kendra. What's the worst that could happen?" Vanessa chuckled as she lifted the large bucket over the door frame.

"She is going to kill you." Zali added.

Sylvia waved her hand forward and the bucket levitated a few inches higher before locking in place with a magical purple glow. She reached down and a small glowing purple tether grew off the bucket before attaching to the door itself.

"What if someone else walks through the door?" Kai asked.

"It's fine. It's just water." Sylvia laughed.

"You two are dead." Zali noted.

Vanessa and Sylvia went to take their seats before Sylvia paused, glancing back towards the door.

"What is it?" Vanessa asked.

"She suddenly got very nervous." Kai noted.

"Wait... does that mean?- I hope she's wearing a ring." Zali face palmed.

The door opened before Sylvia could answer, and sure enough the vampire stepped through in front of Kendra. The bucket tipped over, unloading it's contents over Evania who looked up just in time to get drenched in water.

Sylvia jumped so quickly her chair fell over before rushing forward to make sure her vampire wasn't being electrocuted by the water. Thankfully she seemed unharmed.

Kendra narrowed her eyes over Evania's shoulder as Evania glanced down at herself before her eyes locked on the nervous expression on Sylvia's face as the succubus began taking a few cautious steps backwards.

"That was meant for Kendra." The succubus confessed.

"Oh. And what made you think this was a good idea?" Kendra asked, touching a hand to Evania's back to draw away the water, drying the girl quickly.

"If it was you it could have been funny." Vanessa shrugged.

"Sylvia." Evania growled, getting Kendra, Vanessa and Zali to flinch. Kai stood up, leaning over the table to put one hand on Vanessa and the other on Zali, getting them to relax before looking at Evania nervously.

"Oh shit..." Sylvia muttered.

Kendra glared at Sylvia in anger for a moment before she shook the thoughts away. "Hey, no offense, but I don't have Divinity to block your magic with. So can you please yell at her in your head?"

Evania glanced over her shoulder at Kendra before her eyes narrowed back on Sylvia. The succubus backed up into the table before looking about like she was trying to flee.

What if I wasn't wearing your sister's ring Syl? Evania growled.

"To be honest I really didn't expect you to come visit today." Sylvia answered.

You could have seriously hurt me!

"Do you really think I'm not realizing this at the moment? I knew you lost your ring. As soon as I realized you were coming my body just froze thinking I was about to kill you."