Chapter 24

Avery's Pov:

The door suddenly swings open and Victoria storms in. Without saying anything she walks over to our suitcases.

"Um..what are you doing?" I ask confused and she turns to me.

"We're leaving. I called Connor and we can stay at his place." She answers and I sigh while walking over to her.

"You don't have to leave too. It's Thanksgiving, you should spend it with your family." I tell her but she just shakes her head.

"You're not with your family either." Victoria says, on which I look down.

"I want to spend Thanksgiving with you, Avery. It's our first holiday together. So if you leave, I'll leave too." She continues, making me smile.

"Besides my dad said he doesn't want someone who's gay in the house and since I'm really gay I guess I have to leave too." She adds and I laugh while looking back up to her.

"So..you wanna run away with me?" I ask, which makes her grin.

"I'd love to." Victoria replies, making me smile.

"Thank god we haven't unpacked yet." I jokes and she laughs at that.

We then both grab our suitcases before heading back downstairs. Victoria and I walk over to the door and we're about to leave when her dad speaks up.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asks angrily while walking towards us.

"If Avery has to leave I'm leaving too." Victoria responds while crossing her arms.

"No, won't allow you that." Her dad tells her but she just scoffs.

"You can't tell me what to do anymore. If I want to leave with my girlfriend, I will leave." She replies and her dad turns to look at his wife.

"How are you okay with that?!" He asks furiously and Victorias mom gets up and walks over to him.

"How are you not okay with that? I don't care if she's gay! I care if she has someone who loves her, someone who makes her feel happy and save! What's wrong with you that you don't?" She exclaims angrily, leaving his husband shocked.

"If you're not okay with it then fine, you're opinion. But then don't stop her from leaving. She just wants to be with the person she loves and if you won't allow that then she's leaving, so let her." Cara continues before taking a deep breath.

"You're going to stay with Connor, won't you?" She asks as she turns to us and Victoria nods.

"Okay, but please text me if something is wrong." Her mom says and she smiles slightly.

"I will." Victoria tells her, making her mom smile.

Benji then suddenly runs towards me and jumps into my arm. "I'm going to miss you!" He exclaims sadly.

"Oh I'm going to miss you too, buddy. But I promise this won't be the last time we see each other this in the, okay?" I tell him and he nods.

"What about me? Won't you miss me?" Victoria asks with a pout, making us both laugh.

Benji then climbs over into Victorias arm and hugs her tightly too. "Of course I'm going to miss you!"

"We can visit tomorrow, if you want?" Victoria suggests and he looks up while smiling widly.

"Yes!" He exclaims, making us smile.

"That's okay, right?" She asks her mom and she nods.

Miche, Victorias dad then suddenly taks ahold of my shoulders, holding onto them a little too tight.

"What have you done to my daughter!" He growls at me but I just stay there, not moving a bit.

"What have you done to her!" He yells, making me flinch while closing my eyes.

"Dad, let her go!" I hear Victoria shout but he won't let go.

I took all my courage and open my eyes. "I did nothing to her! All I'm doing is loving her! Loving her the way she is. Something you should do too!"

"So now if you'd excuse me, I want to leave." I say and quickly get out of his grib, since he got distracted by my words.

Victoria then said goodbye to Rico before walking outside of the house with me.

"Get in, losers!" Connor then suddenly says as he pulls down the window of his car.

We both chuckle and then walk over to his car and get our suitcases into the trunk before getting into the car as well.

"Are you okay?" Connor asks worried, making me smile.

"Yeah, we're fine. Just..start driving." Victoria replies with a sigh and he does as she says.