I Like Games.

C H A P T E R    E I G H T

C H A P T E R E I G H T

I opened my eyes, everything was dark but I could see the shadow of a man standing by the doorway. I blinked trying to put my eyes into focus but he kept his back to me and right now nothing was clear.

"Ace?" I called out. At the mere mention of his name the figure froze, I could see every muscle of his back clench. He half turned his face but there was still a darkness to him and although I could see he wasn't wearing his mask I couldn't see his features clearly. "Why do you call me red?"

"I see Red was the song playing when you gave me the lap dance." His deep voice replied.

"Oh." I whispered into the darkness.

"Get some sleep." He walked out and closed the door. My eyelids closed and the world faded away.

———

Everything was dark and cold, they had me laying on a dirty mattress for days. It was just dumped on a hard, concrete floor. Mommy hadn't moved for two days. She lay perfectly still surrounded by her own blood.

"Mommy" I tried again, sitting next to her and clutching her cold hand. She looked different now, a grey complexion with lips that almost looked black, she no longer smelt of freshly washed clothes. "You need to wake up, father will get us out of here and then you can shower." I told her, pushing on her hard, cold body slightly with my small hand.

She didn't respond. She never does.

The doors flung open and the man walked in, I didn't like him. He hurt mommy real bad. She told me she was frightened of him and made sure I knew to do everything that he said. He made her cry. He made her so poorly she didn't want to wake up, not even for me.  I sat in front of mommy, protecting her from this evil man.  He laughed.

"Brave little thing aintcha?" He wasn't getting to mommy, not this time. I was ready to fight him.

He stomped over to me and grabbed hold of my arm, holding me tight enough to leave a bruise from his grip. He tugged me away from my mom and then highered a gun to her face, pulling the trigger only once.

BANG!

I sat up in a pool of my own cold sweat, heart pounding erratically.

"Easy." His voice spoke next to me, shoving my shoulders to lay me back down.

"I'm drowsy and disoriented." I tried to move my legs, but they were too heavy.  "I can't move, why can't I move?"

"I drugged you." He backed away from the bed and sat in a lone chair in the darkest corner. I couldn't see him properly but I knew the sound of his voice.

I blinked in my surroundings. My hands felt my face, my mask was still on and I was laying in a dark room in the worlds most comfiest bed.

"My neck." I felt the throbbing pain at the base of my skull. There was a gauze bandaid over it. "What did you do to me?"