chapter 41 ~ nerves

• drug mention
mature language

Georges pov=

Tommy and Tubbo come back a day early to be with me for Christmas, yet are left with quite the shock when they arrive and see Wilbur.

Christmas blows by, and then suddenly its the New Year.

And after the New Year, well the days turn to weeks, and then somehow we're entering February.

We've gotten to the time of year where you can practically smell spring around the corner, you can feel the switch in the breeze, you can see the trees starting to green.

You can feel the change coming.

Right now, im unsure if change is a good thing.

Ive been avoiding that conversation with Wilbur for as long as possible, hes been trying to slide it into conversation alot more often lately.

I know he wants to go ahead with his entire 'phone call' plan, but im afraid, im afraid im going to hear something I dont want to hear, something that could push me over the edge.

Ive proven to myself that I can live without him, sure.

But can I be happy without him?

-

-

-

The pillow flying across the room manages to find its way into Tommys arms instead of his face, but it doesnt stop him from throwing it forcefully back at Tubbo.

"One day youll break something doing that" Wilbur complains, and im sure I can feel a lecture starting to surface.

Its around the evening, and the constant rain has had us trapped inside for nearly three days now.

Im not whining though, ive found alot more comfort inside nowadays.

Tubbo pulls a face at Wilburs comment whilst hes faced the other way, and Tommy cant help himself from laughing.

"I saw that" I comment, grinning at Tubbo.

"Saw what?" Wilbur asks, his gaze turning from Tommy to me.

Tommy starts to chuckle even louder, running and jumping to his spot on the couch next to Tubbo.

I roll my eyes at the two of them, my stare returning back to the book gripped tightly in my left hand.

Wilbur looks back and forth at us confusedly before giving up and turning back to the television.

Tubbos still laid out over the other couch, staring aimlessly up at the ceiling. Tommy soon gets bored with pestering him, eventually standing back up to wander behind me.

"George" he says formally, leaning his elbows on the back of the sofa.

"Tommy" I respond, playing along, hoping he'll leave me alone.

I get my wish, as he moves from the couch to the bookshelf behind me.

Im trying to regain focus on my page, but I know Tommy wouldnt willingly read any of those books.

"Whatre you doing?" I ask, turning the upper half of my body around to look at him.

This seems to catch Wilburs attention too, his head turning at the note of suspicion in my voice.

"What?" Tommy asks innocently, his fingers running over the spines of the books.

Tubbos sat up now, watching Tommy with a small grin.