Chapter Twelve

Warning; a lot of angst, mentions of drugs and drinking.

Chris never texted me back last night but I'd figured it was nothing.

Tom and I landed in LA around 11 am, I couldn't contain my excitement about surprising Chris with the funnel cake so I had asked Happy if he'd kindly swing me by Chris's house. I asked Tom if that was okay and made sure he wasn't in a rush to get home. He accepted to go with me and assured me there was no problem.

Despite the jet lag I had, I held the funnel cake in my hands as I made it up the stairs, Tom made the observation that the door was open.

"It's open."

He looked at the slightly ajar door. I thought this was weird. But went in anyway. Tom followed behind me.

"Chris?" I called out.

I continued to walk towards the living room where I saw Anthony Mackie asleep on the sofa with two girls huddled around him who looked like super models.

"Let's just go Y/n, we can come back later."

Tom whispered

I pretended I didn't hear him and kept walking, passing Sebastian Stan who was asleep on the floor by the kitchen. There was alcohol everywhere and it smelt weird- like weed. I played with the strings of my hoodie as I slowly pieced together that Chris had a party last night.

"Y/n! Let's go."

Tom whispered louder this time, but not loud enough to avoid waking up Mackie and Sebastian. He too, knew this could not be good.

I still didn't say anything. Until I saw Chris walk out of the bathroom. I looked up at him with joy. He used a towel to dry his damp hair.

"Y/n? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to land later today

"Y/n? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to land later today.."

He was shirtless and a toweled dangled over his lower parts.

He looked over and noticed Tom.

"How did you guys get in?"

He was acting strange but I thought nothing of it.

"The door was open." Tom stated

"Look, um, we landed early and I wanted to surprise you with funnel cake straight from NJ!"

I raised the plastic covered funnel cake in my hands.

"Sorry if we were interrupting something."

I looked around at all the empty beer bottles.

Chris was about to speak but couldn't say anything before a tall blonde came out from the bathroom, behind him. It was the tall blonde girl from the movie premiere, Kelly. She was in nothing but a towel and her hair was soaking wet.