♊08♌

◆ ◇ ◆

Loretta was as still as a stone as they stood beside the table, taking in the sight of one another.

She hadn't seen Gemini in so, so long. She'd forgotten how much he'd resembled them. Them being Gemini's father, uncle and Knox. The four men almost looked exactly alike. However, Gemini, with his green eyes and lighter skin tone, resembled his father's mother just a bit more than he did his own parents.

Loretta had to admit that he looked extremely handsome in his uniform. If she wasn't his mother, she'd give him a go. Hell, she'd give him a go whether they were blood related or not. But Gemini wasn't as supple as Knox. He'd always been a hard cookie to crack.

Gemini cleared his throat and gestured to the seat across from the one he'd been sitting in. They took their seats and remained silent as a waitress came to take their order. Loretta opted on having just a drink as she was too anxious to eat something. She watched her son as he scanned the menu and ordered his food. To her surprise, he didn't flirt with the pretty waitress nor did his eyes follow her when she walked away.

She sat fiddling with the strap of the purse resting in her lap and eyed the table with feigned interest. She knew that she should say something. But what?

Gemini was the one to break the ice, yet again. "How've you been?"

How've I been?, thought Loretta. She didn't think he would actually care. But she answered anyway. "Fine." She paused. "And you?"

"Good." He answered. He chuckled lowly. "I didn't think you'd come."

"I'd cum for you..." she muttered. Gemini didn't get it. "Have you spoken to your uncle?"

He looked at her before looking back down into his lap. "No."

"Why not?" She wondered. She would think that he was the first person Gemini would run to. Gemini had a better relationship with his uncle than he did with her.

"Because he's busy," he spat. "He's too busy paying attention to his son to worry about me. That's cool, though. I don't really care anyway."

"Gemini, he needs him just a bit more than you do right now."

"Whatever. Seem like the both of you are too occupied to give a damn about the oldest child."

Loretta frowned. "I do care about you, Gem."

He scoffed. "You got a funny ass way of showing it. How's your precious Knox?"

"So, you haven't gone to see him either?"

"Why would I?"

"Because you were his favorite person when you two were growing up." Confused, Loretta shook her head. "You two were inseparable."

"No, Knox was just clingy. But you right, I was his favorite person. Except, the feeling wasn't mutual." He leaned forward in his seat, resting his elbows on the table and Loretta was able to get a good whiff of his cologne. "You think I liked sitting in the background while Knox had this great life. A mom- who just so happens to be my mother too-that spoils him damn near to death and is willing to bend over backwards for him. Everytime he came to me, he was complaining. Just always venting about shit he should've been grateful for. He had everything, while I was stuck with a pissy ass foster family. Even though my biological parents lived a walking distance away from me..."

Loretta looked down at the table in shame as she contemplated his words. From the outside looking in, it would seem like Knox had it easier than Gemini when they were growing up. But Loretta knew that wasn't the case.