||5||

I looked around Bisola's house for Chioma. I couldn't find her. I prayed silently. Nothing should happen to her. I saw Rhema asking others for her whereabouts. My worry increased as I saw the negative responses.

"Jordan, let's check the rooms," Ebenezer suggested and I followed him to where I thought the guest rooms were. There were so many rooms so we split but they were all empty.

Opening the last room, I say my sister lying on the ground surrounded by four men. Overbuilt men. Ebenezer ran in and punched one in the face. All the attention was now on him. I wasn't worried because I was sure he could take them on. Plus Rhema was calling for help already.

I recognized one of them as the guy from earlier. Did he want to molest my sister? I walked in and to my sister who was lying on the floor. "Chioma," I called as I knelt beside her. Her body was shivering. I hugged her to my chest. She opened her eyes as tears glistened but didn't fall. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for letting you experience this again."

I didn't want her to remember the experience that occurred three years ago. It hurt all of us the last time. I knew my sister was strong. As far as they didn't take her, she'll be fine by Monday. But that doesn't mean they should touch her anyhow. I lifted her, princess style. "Let's go home."

The ride home was silent. She kept staring out the window. I parked in the garage after I drove into the mansion. "I'm sorry." I hugged her. She patted my back slowly.

"Buchi, I'm fine. They didn't hurt me. I'm untouched."

"They tried to. They tried to take your innocence."

"Shh, let's go inside."

***

Chioma★

After scrubbing off the feeling of those disgusting hands on my skin, I wore my pyjamas. I walked to my brother's room and knocked on his door. I wasn't supposed to be here, especially at night because Daddy forbade me from sleeping with Buchi. Hé said boys and girls aren't supposed to sleep in a room. But weren't we siblings?

I don't even know what made him bring that rule. Buchi and I used to sleep in a room till we turned fourteen. Dad suddenly gave each of us our rooms. But sometimes, we disobeyed and slept together. It was mostly when we needed each other's company. And right now, I needed Buchi.

The door opened and he stood there without a top on. "Can I stay with you tonight?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow.

"And what will dad say?" I shrugged and entered the room. I turned on the bed lamp before switching off the lights. He closed the door behind him. I sat on his bed and he did the same. His eyes were fixed on me. I stared at him, our eyes met.

My brother was worried. He was scared for me. I shook my head and grabbed a pillow. I lay down before turning off the lamp. I felt the empty area beside me sink. "Chioma," Buchi called.

"Mm?"

"They're all in jail now. They'll pay for touching you. They'll regret setting their eyes on you."

"I'm fine. I'm really fine."

"I know." I turned to face him. His arms pulled me closer to his chest.

"So... You wanted to fuck s girl in church?"

He cleared his throat. "Sorry."

"You're apologising to me? You wanted to defile a place of worship. Who was the girl sef?" Who was the temptress who seduced my brother?

"Amara, the one who slapped you."

Oh... I knew her. Girlfriend number three. She cheated on my brother and it made them break up. When I confronted her, she hit me while calling me a slut. Blegh. Who was the actual slut?

"Sleep. I know you're tired." Buchi caressed my face.

"I'm not. I'm still *yawn* agile." My eyes were drooping. I heard him chuckle. I felt the vibration in his chest. I leaned in closer. "Good night," I said, closing my eyes. I knew I was safe with him.

***
‡Buchi‡

I climbed off my bed when I felt her breathing steady. I couldn't sleep on the same bed with her, though she was my sister. I could hurt her. She wasn't even supposed to be in my room. Dad had said we weren't supposed to sleep in a room anymore because we were growing up. He made that decision because of me. I almost let my abnormal thoughts destroy our sibling bond.

𝔉𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨

Church service was over and our family had just come home. Chioma went upstairs to our room to change her dress but I stayed downstairs. I noticed she wasn't down yet so I went to check.

I opened the door to our room to see her struggling to reach for her zipper behind. Noticing me, she turned. "Couldn't you knock? What if I wasn't wearing anything?" She asked but I didn't reply. A small smile was on my lips as my mind wandered off.

"Since you're here, help me unzip this dress." She said. I raised my eyebrows. "Please..." I walked towards her and pulled down the zipper.

My job was done and normally, I was supposed to leave to let her change but I didn't. I stared transfixed at her smooth back. The black bra she wore contrasted with the fairness of her back. I pulled her towards my chest as I used my thumb to feel the smoothness. It was taking too much self-control to not do what was running through my head.

She squirmed. "Go, go, let me wear my clothes." I let her go as I came back to my senses. I turned to leave only to realize that I hadn't closed the door and Dad was standing there with an angry face.

"She's your sister by blood. Have that in mind at all times." He walked downstairs.

I understood him. The thoughts I had of my sister were wrong and abnormal. She was my blood-related sibling and the way I saw her was wrong.

End

It was never this way. Since we were born, Chioma and I had been close. So close that we sometimes forgot we had other siblings. We used to play together, study together, almost everything. But things started to change and I realized that I couldn't see her as just a playmate.

She was growing into a beautiful woman. I began to notice how curved her body was, her voice, and her actions. Sometimes, I'd stare absentmindedly.

I had been attracted to my sister. It was even more difficult as we shared a room. I woke up almost every night to change my trousers, underwear and bedsheets. Deep down, I knew my feelings were wrong but I still chose to do what I wanted. I still chose to have unhealthy thoughts.

I am always grateful to Dad. He gave us our rooms. It helped suppress those thoughts. I didn't see her that way anymore, but I was still afraid. Hurting her was something I didn't want to do. She was my closest family.

My biggest wish was to always be there for her whenever she needed me.

Looking at her sleeping figure, I pecked her cheeks. "Good night."